Forums

Favourite Spots North of The Border

• 674 points

As a Canadian who's been fortunate enough to play many of the top courses in Canada, I would love to hear about any great golf expiriences you've had in Canada, where they were and what made them great?

•  

Played Royal Montreal on my honeymoon.  My new bride sat in the car waiting. That was 39 years ago and she still reminds me of it. I guess it was a bad move on my part.

• 674 points

NCBob

Played Royal Montreal on my honeymoon.  My new bride sat in the car waiting. That was 39 years ago and she still reminds me of it. I guess it was a bad move on my part.

hahaha absolutely stunning course, even better story, I hope it was worth it! Thanks for the Reply Bob.

•  

NCBob

Hey NC, at least you set the tone for the future and it obvioulsy worked for you as 39 years .. and counting .. is a pretty fair effort in the marital stakes.

OZ - Crocman

•  

I've played several courses in and around Calgary over the years (in-laws lived/live there).  Really enjoyed Stewart's Creek (Canmore) and Kananaskis Country (both courses).  Played Banff Springs over 40 years ago and still recall fondly waiting for the elk to clear so we could play.  Terrific scenery!  

• 2822 points

Bob,at least you could have let her caddy.

• 674 points

Recently had the chance to play Beacon Hall in Aurora, Ontario just north of Toronto- there is talk of The Canadian Open going there, suspicious construction, deeper tee decks appearing-it was a great pleasure, unbelievable golf course-1 parkland nine 1 links style nine both a beautiful test

•  

Was just home visiting my parents and played The Marshes just outside of Ottawa. Really nice course and had a great time.

• 674 points

shaun13

Was just home visiting my parents and played The Marshes just outside of Ottawa. Really nice course and had a great time.

Very nice, haven't been here yet Ottawa valley area has some great tracks, Ottawa Hunt is excellent