Forums

Muskoka resort - north of Toronto

• 5657 points

Has anyone had the pleasure of playing at the Rock Golf Club at the Muskoka resort north of Toronto? I am attending a conference there in late September and have an opportunity to play the course. Love to hear people's impressions of this Faldo designed layout...

•  
    Played many a Toronot course, but have not played here. Sorry Pete.
    • 674 points

pistolpete

Has anyone had the pleasure of playing at the Rock Golf Club at the Muskoka resort north of Toronto? I am attending a conference there in late September and have an opportunity to play the course. Love to hear people's impressions of this Faldo designed layout...

I live in Toronto, cottage in Muskoka, played here many times, really all golf in this area is spectacular. The Rock, in mine and most people's opinion in the area would be one of the 'Top 5' Muskoka courses.  Excellent value, and challenging for any level of golfer.  Lake Rosseau  is one of the most beautiful spots in Muskoka, with incredible views form the course.  It's a tight track but good course management can produce good results.  If you get a chance to get to any others: Rocky Crest, Bigwin Island and Muskoka Bay are absolute gems.

• 5657 points

Fozzy - Thanks so much for your brief review of the courses in the Muskoka area. I may have to add on a day or two to my trip and tackle your list of "must play" courses!

Thanks, pistolpete

• 674 points

pistolpete

Fozzy - Thanks so much for your brief review of the courses in the Muskoka area. I may have to add on a day or two to my trip and tackle your list of "must play" courses!

Thanks, pistolpete

Yeah no problem, you're in for a real treat, I honestly think for the summer months not alot of spots as enjoyable as The Muskoka Area.  Enjoy be sure to let me know what you think!

• 5657 points

Absolutely! Happy to report my impressions once I return...IF I return!!