Forums

Toronto, Canada - has anyone played these courses....

•  

Making a trek up to Toronto for post -4th business trip :-)

Has anyone played Lionhead, Pheasant Run, Glen Abbey, Eagles Nest, or Copper Creek?

-ICONs for ALL

•  

Have not played them, but have heard great things about Glen Abbey and Copper Creek.

•  
    Tom, I have played both Glen Abbey and Lionhead. Awesome tracks, as is Devils Pulpit. Glen Abbey was a home to the Canadian Open for a spell. Wonderful clubhouse and great venue. Lionhead is a true test of golf. Very scenic and a great course. Recommend both!
    • 674 points

thomas alston iii

Making a trek up to Toronto for post -4th business trip :-)

Has anyone played Lionhead, Pheasant Run, Glen Abbey, Eagles Nest, or Copper Creek?

-ICONs for ALL

I live in Toronto, I've played all these courses and am a member at Pheasant Run to  Rank: 1. Glen Abbey 2. Eagles Nest 3. Copper Creek 4. Pheasant Run 5. Lionhead

Glen Abbey is truly an awesome experience; known for being in the most immaculate condition the Canadian equivalent of a TPC course.  Play the Eagle Tees at Eagles nest for some of the most unbelievable views from tee boxes you will ever see, the beauty of the huge sloping course contrasted by the endless urban views make for an excellent experience, careful driving backwards in the cart, the course is littered with pot bunkers.  Copper Creek is an a round that makes you really forget how close to the city you are, excellent rolling terrain, immaculate condition and service.  Pheasant Run probably requires the most strategy and course management of any of these courses in order to score well, incredibly tight fairways lined by forest and OB, prepare to hit a lot of irons off the tee and depending on what combinations of 9's you play, score where you can (uplands) and limit damage where possible (midlands, highlands).  Lionhead is probably the most playable or scoreable course, lots of water and sand but easily avoidable, wide fairways and large greens reward smart play, usually in great condition and a short drive from the city.  Enjoy your trip, hopefully it's more golf than business, any golfer would enjoy all of these courses, Have Fun!