Forums

The Greenbrier-Old White

•  
    Went last Thursday to play a practice round at Old White, if you get the chance to make it to WV it is definitely a great test of your game. Par 70, has a great mix of distance with very tricky greens. Fairways are soft, rough is deep, and greens are firm and fast to make the course play the whole distance. Beautiful scenery, makes for a great day. Check the course out during the Greenbrier Classic, it is becoming a great tourney that is starting to draw some big names because of the course and the resort.
  •  

LUCKY MAN. I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO PLAY THERE BUT NEVER HAD A CHANCE.

I'LL PUT IT ON MY BUCKET LIST.

•  

Have played there several times. It is a great old golf course but has very little defense from the tour players.  A joy to play as is it's sister course the Greenbrier.  Sam Sneads advice was simple: "keep it below the hole."

•  

My wife and I have said that one of these days we're going to go up there for a few days and play some golf and take in as much of what the resort has to offer as we can.  Looks like an incredible place.  

•  

I have been there and have seen the course (but not played). It does look amazing and watching the Classic, it can bite you. I look forward to a return for 18...

Thanks for sharing.

-ICONs for ALL

• 506 points

Played it a dozen times or so.  One of my favorite opening shots in all of golf.

WW

•  

i'm not too far away and have been debating making the trip, but haven't had the chance yet.  sounds like it's every bit as good as it looks!

• 1466 points

Defiently on one of my top ten courses to play, gotta make a trip out there soon!

• 2756 points

Need to get there for two reasons:  1.  Looks like an amazing destination that my family will also enjoy....I really love the old school feel to it.  2.  It's a public TPC course and I'm halfway through playing them all.

•  

"Playing them all" ... WOW ... now that is something to strive for.

Good luck!