Forums

Nebraska Golf Courses

• 1495 points

I'm from Nebraska, but I want to hear other peoples opinions on what courses they've played in the corn State?

•  

miguelj20

I'm from Nebraska, but I want to hear other peoples opinions on what courses they've played in the corn State?

I can't wait for what others have to say so I can learn it my self.  I've never been there.  I could tell some about California and Nevada and a few in Hawaii.

•  
    Miguel, EM Kelly is in Nebraska, so look him up. He can give you all the info on the areas.
  •  

Great to have you Miguel, I am in Lincoln... not too far from you.  Anyways, I will give you a rundown of the courses I have played that are my favorites.  There are more but these are the ones I care most about.

1. SandHills

2. Dismal River

3. Prairie Club

4. Wild Horse

5. Champions Run

6. Omaha Country Club

7. Firethorn (my home course)

8. Bayside

Also a big fan of Prairie Dunes in Kansas.  Not a bad drive and worth every minute.

• 2180 points

Sandhills is an amazing course. 

The hidden gem of NE, IMO is four winds country club in kimball, NE. Kimball is a very small town, and driving bye they course it doesn't look too appealing. Once your on the course, it is pretty amazing. Doesn't have breathe taking views and such. But the course condition and greens are better than a lot of the fancy courses i've played around the US. I think the greens keeper tries to simulate agusta national.. hahahah 

• 3627 points

Sand Hills, Dismal, and PC are the best of the remote clubs. 

•  
    Small doesn't even describe Kimball lol. Never heard of the course though and it's pretty damn far away. I wouldn't know where to fly into....prob Colorado
    • 2180 points

EMKelly0106
    Small doesn't even describe Kimball lol. Never heard of the course though and it's pretty damn far away. I wouldn't know where to fly into....prob Colorado

So true.. hahahaha.. Only reason I stumbled upon it was because thats were the wife grew up. Problem is when I get drug along to see the inlaws in the winter and its not open..... 

They have a lot of members that drive from cheyenne to play it. Get a lot of weekend people from denver coming up to play it.

• 1495 points

Hey EMkelly,

have you played hidden valley in lincoln. My sisters co-worker booked us a tee time for hidden valley and just curious as to what its like?

•  
    It's alright. Pretty open and easy. Havent played it in a couple years and I think they have done some renovations lately. It can be a really slow course, lots of yearly golfers so be prepared with beer and patience.
    • 1495 points

Yeah I found that out. Our tee time was scheduled after a 2-man scramble tournament had just started. Not very good planning IMO but what can ya do. I thought the course was in really good shape, lots of blind shots and very reachable par 5's. Only complaint would be that I think they need to have their yardages re-done. I felt that their yardages we very short for what they had marked, other than that decent course.