Forums

Tar Heel's New Home Course

•  

This weekend amid the rain and cool temps here in California I decided on a course to call home for 2012. Nice little place called Arroyo Trabuco Golf Club located in Mission Viejo. (See more at www.arroyotrabuco.com

They even have their own little micro brews in the bar, where your first beer after the round costs what your score was. Nice little touch!

Here's a shot towards the 18th tee box. You can see the mountains in the background, and they were full of snow. Beautiful shot! Of course I three jacked the last hole......

• 3506 points

Costs what you shot? Nice little marketing tactic there. Don't shoot a billion out there, then!

•  

Looks nice Randy. Enjoy

•  

Very nice Randy.  Enjoy your new golf home...and quit 3-jacking!  :)

•  

Good deal Randy, looks like a nice home.

•  

Randy, it looks very nice. For sure you will spend a good time and without winter restrictions.

•  

Looks like a great bar errrr course.  Wish you many great rounds .....

•  

Looks like a great place to play.  Hope the membership/regular players prove to be a good crowd to be a part of.  Enjoy your home course for 2012.

•  
    So far so good.... And the cost of beer number one certainly has a nice little ring to it! I told Mondo and Shaun last month, when I played here as a trial round, that I was paired with a nice guy and his wife. Turned out the guy is an Orthopedic Doctor, and during the round he was telling me I needed to get my hip worked on, just like Mondo! The guys name was Lanny, and I told him there was no way, but he smiled and said we would talk again! So now I got a two-fer; a golf course and guy who can work on my hip at the same time! What a country.... And yes, I need to quit the 3 putt.....
  •  

And it never occurred to you that Lanny was just drumming up some business for himself?

Seriously, great-looking course. Glad you found one to settle into. I know they'll love you there!

•  

Lanny only does wrists and shoulders. BUt he did say "he knows a guy" who can do a hip.....

As they say, every encounter is a selling opportunity, right?

•  

Looks like a nice course! Enjoy yourself out in Cali - you might need to remind people that you wear NC Blue...not UCLA blue.

•  

i like that first beer cost.  but can make a few bad shots costly!

looks like a great course.  enjoy!

•  

Looks and sound like a great new home for you, Randy !  Have fun out there......

•  

RANGY, HAPPY FOR YOU MAN. YOU GET TO PLAY YEAR ROUND,,,,WAY TO GO.