Forums

Disney Courses

• 1563 points

Heading to disney with family.  As a family trip I'd be pushing my luck bringing the sticks but would the magnolia or palms course be worth the stink eye from the spouse?  Anyone?

•  

I've never been to any of the courses, but from the pictures I saw on the website, it looks like you would be disappointed if you passed up the opportunity, especially while on vacation. :-)

•  
    Play Magnolia, skip the Palm. If you get a second round, play Osprey Ridge. You won't be disappointed!
  •  
    Agree with Rick - play Magnolia. You can rent clubs there if it would make it easier to travel without your own...
  •  

I played both several years ago. Magnolia is better, but I wasn't a big fan -- mostly because the forward tees seemed to have received a lot less attention than the others, and I didn't find it very female-friendly. Tip -- if your ball goes OB or into one of the canals -- just leave it!  ~~~8-<<

• 1563 points

Thanks.  Looking like I'll skip - I casually mentioned this the other day to wife and the results were not favorable. 

•  

Louisville... Man up dude! It's a family vacation, but you need to offer up "equal time and equal dollars" to the Mrs. Tell her to go to a spa or something and you'll watch the kids. For that you get to play a very nice course and meet some great people.

And, as Rick has said, Magnolia and Osprey Ridge are very wonderful courses. The 411 is this. Magnolia is a PGA Tour stop, so it's the hardest of all down there. As GolfChick says, once in the woods you are DOA. Same with water, and there are lots of both. You will enjoy but....

I went to Osprey one day on sort of a lark. It's more links style, and I must say I enjoyed it much more than Magnolia. Lots of scenic sand, water, and beautiful holes. Not to say Magnolia doesn't have that, but its the difference between links and traditional.

Now get moving and re-negotiate a deal!

• 1563 points

Good Points Tar Heel.  Back to the drawing board to devise my strategy.

•  

That's my man! Well done.....

Seriously, my wife has always bought into the "equal time and equal dollars" routine. Never had an issue with getting out to play golf, so long as she gets the spa and some quality shopping time. Makes me laugh, since I always feel I get the better end of the deal!

Good luck. You can do it!

•  

Family vacation. My golf clubs are a a part of my family! They have their own room, sit at the dinner table, get daily baths, pretty much as much a part of my family as anyone else haha.

•  

I don't have this proplem, my wife enjoys playing as much as I do!

•  
    How's the negotiation Louisville?