Forums

Favorite Course near Charlotte NC

•  

DZ...

Stameys! Love that place... My wife went to UNCG and we visited it often.Matter of fact, she'sflying into GSO this weekend for some family business. Wish I was going with her!

• 3551 points

I love Stameys...I ate there last week! Next time you guys are in the area you need to look me up. I'm always up for a friendly round of golf!

•  

Nice!  It's tough to top Carolina BBQ

•  

Well I just got back and have to say golf is amazing in NC.  I played Olde Sycamore and really enjoyed it.  I wish I had a little course knowledge, because there's some holes that you don't want to think about cutting a corner, and others you can just swing away.  Either way it was a great suggestion.

I also played the RTJ course at Rock Barn in Conover.  What a great track.  It's a Champions Tour stop.  I can't wait to watch it on TV and say "I remember that hole!"

• 506 points

Skybrook is an enjoyable place and usually charges a reasonable rate.  If you have connections play Quail Hollow.

WW

• 130 points

I am a member at TPC Piper Glen - have played pretty much everywhere in charlotte. As far as private clubs, you can't beat Charlotte Country Club, Quail or TPC - public I would say Ballantyne Resort is my favorite.

• 3627 points

botis1028

I am a member at TPC Piper Glen - have played pretty much everywhere in charlotte. As far as private clubs, you can't beat Charlotte Country Club, Quail or TPC - public I would say Ballantyne Resort is my favorite.

Charlotte Country Club is the best of the bunch, IMO.

•  

Well I'm back in the Carolinas. I'm flying out of Charlotte thursday night and will try to play Ballantyne.  Thanks for the suggestion Botis

• 2034 points

Josh, how was Ballantyne?  Anyone on here played NorthStone CC?

•  

Wow I miss heading to the Carolinas.  I can't believe it's been over a year since I have been down there.  I did play Ballantyne on my last trip, and it was awesome.  It rained like crazy for the last 3 holes, but the course and the hotel were a great stop.

•  

I miss North Carolina every single day

• 2034 points

Will be down in Charlotte in a few weeks then off to the Outer Banks for vacation.  Great golf down there and I have only barely scratched the surface!!

•  

I'm talking the wife into a NC/SC/GA vacation late fall/early winter.  I miss NC too much

• 2034 points

Unfortunately Hurrican Bertha could be bringing some rain to my vacation in NC this weekend.  Do I let it ruin my vacation or take the rain gear?  Rain gear it is!!  Haha.  

•  

Everyday is playable!