Forums

Anyone played Kapalua?

•  

Played there many years ago, got a military discount and paid only $50.  Great elevation changes and some spectacular views.

•  

Hi Todd, all 2 courses on my homeymoon.  The Plantation, which is the primary tour course, the Bay, and the Village course.  But that was way back in 1997.  All were beautiful, but I enjoyed the plantation the most.  This was before I really got back into golf.  Can't pass them up as they are all gems.

•  

ToddL
    Wondering if anyone has some "war stories" about Kapalua?  I visited, but did not play - too expensive for 18 holes...

They are currently advertising the opportunity to play in the 2013 Hyundai Tournament of Champions Pro-am at Kapalua down here. Pretty hefty though - airfares, accom, 2 rounds of golf, entry to tournament for $7,500. Couple of guys at my club talking about going.

OZ-Crocman

•  

Been to Maui many times, but never played Kapalua courses.  We stop by honolua store often (it's in the property) for a quick snack chips drinks when we drive around.  It's next to one of the greens across the road where just about every group comes over when they finish the hole and get something from the store.  Wailea, Makena, Kahili. . ., down south offers more holes for the price.

•  

Very jealous!!!

Brian - how did you negotiate 2 rounds on your honeymoon????  Very impressive!

• 883 points

I played there in late 2009 a couple weeks before the event.  Its a beautiful track with some amazing views.  The wind can make it very tough.  The coolest thing was the stands and scoreboards were already on site.

•  

Played the Plantation course in 2000 while there on a "reward" trip when I worked for SAP - the good old days! What a course! I remember hitting my drive through the end of the fairway on 17!

• 787 points

I played there once, many years back when I lived in Hawaii.  I remember it being very beautiful and almost every hole was picturesque.  I recall using my driver twice on several holes, from the tee and in the fairway...very long course.  You only live once, right...why not.