Forums

Warren Golf Course at Notre Dame University

•  

http://www.warrengolfcourse.com/index.html

Today I had the opportunity to play the Warren Golf Course at Notre Dame University, home to the dreaded Fighting Irish. Personally not a fan, but I jumped at the chance to play when invited.

The course is in a superb condition and like most courses at private universities, in excellent condition. It is a traditionalcourse, with nice fairways outlined by trees and natural grasses, sort of a combination links and forest course. The trees were in lovely fall colors today, and with the morning fog, it was a gorgeous setting.

The greens were very tight and required good touch, as the were firm and fast. Starter said the rolled at 10, but I think they were more like 11+. There was not a lot of water, just a couple streams to contend with.

All in all, and nice track that is conveniently located just off the Indiana Tollroad in South Bend (actually a Notre Dame address) Indiana. If you are ever heading cross the highways and byways, I encourage you to drop by. It's also a close drive to several other nice South Bend tracks, giving you the opportunity to do a weekend stay and play!

•  

Sounds great Tar Heel I like courses that are affiliated with local colleges, one of my favorite tracks is Big Blue and UK golf club (also another course on site: Wildcat). Not a UK fan but they put together a couple of nice courses on the land. The clubhouse is filled with UK stuff and on my second trip I met JB Holmes while he was there working on his game.

•  

Whaq

Universities indeed have wonderful courses, and I like going to play them. Your note got me thinking... and I came up with this list of college courses I have played over time.

University of North Caroline- The Finley Course (big surpirse)

Duke University Golf Club

Warren Course at Notre Dame

Karsten Course at Arizona State University

University of Maryland Course

University of Michigan Golf Course

Ackerman Hills at Purdue- Brick Boilermaker Golf Complex

Interesting to reflect back on this... and then to think of all the great players who attended these schools.

•  

Tar Heel

Whaq

Universities indeed have wonderful courses, and I like going to play them. Your note got me thinking... and I came up with this list of college courses I have played over time.

University of North Caroline- The Finley Course (big surpirse)

Duke University Golf Club

Warren Course at Notre Dame

Karsten Course at Arizona State University

University of Maryland Course

University of Michigan Golf Course

Ackerman Hills at Purdue- Brick Boilermaker Golf Complex

Interesting to reflect back on this... and then to think of all the great players who attended these schools.

TH,

You are going to need to add University Ridge (UW course in Madison) to your list one of these days. It is an amazing track.

•  

My brother told me last week that he wants to go to Ohio State for his undergrad. I was very happy for him because its great for him, but in the back of my mind I was thinking: "Yes I will be able to play the Scarlet and Gray courses!" You have to either be playing with a student to be a student to get on the Scarlet course from my understanding.

• 515 points

I'd also add Yale's course to the mix as well.

• 3627 points

Why didn't you like the Warren Course? 

It's about as good of a University course as I've seen outside of Yale.

•  

PatCCraig

Why didn't you like the Warren Course? 

It's about as good of a University course as I've seen outside of Yale.

Pat, welcome to the forums here at FJ. Hope you enjoy them.

You misunderstand my comment on Warren. I liked the course just fine, and stated such.

What I do not like are the Fighting Irish. Not a fan in any way, shape, or form of the golden dome heads......

• 3627 points

Sorry Tar Heel, I misunderstood when you wrote "personally, not a fan." 

My bad!