Forums

Charlotte courses

•  

going to be in Charlotte in 2 weeks to visit one of my gof buddies-any recommendations for courses that are good shape right now for us to consider? 

•  

If you have connections:  Longview (a Nicklaus Course), Quail Hollow (PGA Stop),  and Country Club of Charlotte - old Donald Ross course recently redone.

GO HOKIES

•  

thanks! Go Hokies!!

•  

lefty..

Couple others depending on where you are.

Verdict Ridge. North off odf 77. Owned by a couple judges, hence the name.

Birkdale. Also north off 77, this is an Arnold Palmer course that is cost effective, easy to get to , and fun to play.

Have fun!

•  

thanks Tar Heel..actually my friend said both of those courses were recommended to him too...I may also get to play Carmel CC

•  

Played the following courses last week: Carmel CC (North Course)(Charlotte); Tanglewood Championship Course (Winston-Salem); Rocky River Golf Course (Charlotte)

Carmel CC-North Course: great shape and wonderful layout; Club is currently completing renovations for the South Course that is scheduled to open in January

Tanglewood Championship Course - very enjoyable layout but, the greens were AWFUL! most of them were gone..hard to believe they let the former host of the Vantage Championship could get that bad..very disappointing for my first time there

Rocky River Golf Course - great condition!!  wonderful course to play and highly recommend!!

• 3627 points

I've heard Charlotte Golf Club is really good.

• 1723 points

Have played Birkdale, Skybrook and both courses at the Rock Barn Golf and Spa in Hickory,NC.  Birkdale was nice but crowded and Skybrook was very enjoyable.  Rock Bard has 2 courses and the Jones course is nice and tough.  

•  

Tar Heel
    lefty..

Couple others depending on where you are.

Verdict Ridge. North off odf 77. Owned by a couple judges, hence the name.

Birkdale. Also north off 77, this is an Arnold Palmer course that is cost effective, easy to get to , and fun to play.

Have fun!

Verdict was awesome!  I liked Birkdale as well.  Ballantyne is great too.   The Jones course at Rock Barn is fantastic.  If I had to rank them I'd go

Verdict

Rock Barn

Ballantyne

Birkdale

• 1723 points

Good info Josh, I will be in Charlotte in a few weeks and will have to look into playing the Verdict.  NorthStone CC looks pretty nice in the Huntersville area, anyone played there?