Forums

What Golf City would you live in the rest of you life

•  

I'm sorry but I need to disagree about Sydney. Two of the best courses in the country are there; The Austrailian Club, has held a number AUS Opens, Norman made a double eagle on this course one year and New South Wales CC, a great track that has also held an AUS Open or two.

There are quite a few more but these are definately some of the best. I have played them both!

•  

sundevillover

I would live in Phoenix, AZ like I do now. Great weather and great golf

Phoenix is my choice to move to .  So much to do there in general.

•  

I would say the Scottsdale/PHX area or southern California

•  

I am surprised that no one said PInehurst/Southern Pines. Hey if it was good enough for Donald Ross it is good enough for me. Otherwise it would be St. Andrews, Scotland.

•  

My house would be located on Magnolia Lane.  You can figure out the other part.

•  

I get it .......you would be in the Kelly Cabin. 8:45 tee time with your neighbor Mr. Butler.

• 1281 points

HONOLULU! I lived there for six years and never tired of playing the courses on Oahu. For those of you that don't know, it’s way cheaper to be a local and play golf in Hawaii than it is to vacation there and play. KoOlua is ranked in the top 100 hardest courses, Turtle Bay is among the most scenic, and Wailai is on the men's tour, KoOlina on the women’s tour, etc. There are about 40 courses on Oahu and they all have their own identity. One tip though... if you'll be there for an extended period of time, consider getting a Hawaii driver's license as soon as possible to get the local rates.

• 365 points

Hey! I would have to say Scottsdale/PHX/ Southern California for Golf. Or Hawaii

• 365 points

I would have to say Scottsdale/PHX Arizona, Southern California, or Honolulu. Most likley Honolulu if I could get used to being behind everything timewise.

• 365 points

I would have to say Honolulu (If I could get used to being behind everything timewise) or else PHX/Scotsdale Arizona or Southern California

•  

OK After my trip I am moving to Dornoch. heaven on earth.

•  

mizunogirl

OK After my trip I am moving to Dornoch. heaven on earth.

WELCOME BACK.

YOU HAVE TO TELL US ABOUT WHERE YOU PLAYED, THE WEATHER, YOUR EXPERIENCES.

PLEASE,,,,,,,CAN'T WAIT.

•  

Myrtle Beach hands down. So many courses,  just minutes from each other. 

• 568 points

mizunogirl

I am surprised that no one said PInehurst/Southern Pines. Hey if it was good enough for Donald Ross it is good enough for me. Otherwise it would be St. Andrews, Scotland.

Pinehurst would be right up there in the States, but St. Andrews would be the ultimate (weather aside). You've got the Old Course and all its siblings, plus the Castle Course, the Dukes and Kingsbarns nearby. Given the size of Scotland, you're relatively close to all the other great courses – with England and Ireland right next door.

Then there's the whole St. Andrews atmosphere and permeating love of golf... Also the pubs.

•  

I would definately pick St Andrews.