Forums

Favorite International Course?

•  

Just wondering what international courses stand out for everybody. The Ocean Course at Cabo del Sol in Cabo San Lucas is at the top of my list. I played there two years ago and it was absolutely amazing. The layout was unbelievable and every hole was good enough to be a signature hole. I highly recommend it if you ever make down to Cabo. 

•  

Picking one is difficult. I have played at the Mission Hills course in China and it was great, New South Wales in Aus is one of the prettiest courses I have seen, Royal Troon and Turnberry on the west coast of Scotland are some of the finest links courses in the world, The Old Course is great for its history, but I think the course that has the combination of challenging golf, beautiful views and a great atmosphere is Kingsbarns in Scotland. It is one of the most challenging courses I have played and the views on every hole make it very difficult to pay attention to the golf.

If you get to the St Andrews area it is definately a MUST PLAY!

•  

Well the only "international golf" I have been fortunate enogh to play is confined to Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean. That's sad, since my career has taken me all over the world, but my clubs have not found their way with me.

Of the courses I have played, I will say that Glenn Abbey Golf Club up in suburban Toronto, home of the Canadian Open, is a real treat to play. It is a wonderful test of golf and once you play number 18, you get a real appreciation for some of the shots hit there over the years.

Some Mexico favorites of mine are Iberostar Playa Paraiso Golf Club and Golf Club Playacar, both in the Riviera Maya area. They're quite cost effective and enjoyable.

•  

19hole

Picking one is difficult. I have played at the Mission Hills course in China and it was great, New South Wales in Aus is one of the prettiest courses I have seen, Royal Troon and Turnberry on the west coast of Scotland are some of the finest links courses in the world, The Old Course is great for its history, but I think the course that has the combination of challenging golf, beautiful views and a great atmosphere is Kingsbarns in Scotland. It is one of the most challenging courses I have played and the views on every hole make it very difficult to pay attention to the golf.

If you get to the St Andrews area it is definately a MUST PLAY!

Thanks for the information 19. With your travel experience you should write a book

•  

Write a Book....that would mean that I would need to actually make sense and have coherent thoughts. I would also mean that I would need to learn how to spell and form proper sentances!

•  

19, I have a journalism degree and edit a magazine -- you put the stories down, I'll edit and we'll both be rich and famous. Or not.

•  

I may never get there now, but would love to play St. Andrews. Just being able to see where Arnie, Jack and others of the Pro Tour have played would be fantastic. I wouldn't even worry about my score, just to walk in the footsteps of those golf greats would be the thrill of a lifetime. The other course would be Pebble Beach.

•  

I would like to play St. Andrew's and Royal County Down in Northern Ireland.

•  

golfchick

19, I have a journalism degree and edit a magazine -- you put the stories down, I'll edit and we'll both be rich and famous. Or not.

Which magazine would love to see it

•  

golfchick

I had a minor in English and would love to help on the book. How is this for an opening line?

"Call me Ishmael" Pretty good huh?

•  

bholley,

I think you have just thought of the greatest opening line ever.  Not even Moby *** could think of something so unique and clever.  Well done.

•  

EMKelly0106

bholley,

I think you have just thought of the greatest opening line ever.  Not even Moby *** could think of something so unique and clever.  Well done.

Eric,

I have thought of some others. How does this sound, "it was a dark a stormy night, a shot rang out, a woman screamed, or It was the best of times, it was the worst of times? I think (therefore. cogito ergo sum) I am going to go to the library for some more "inspiration".

•  

You make Sally very proud with your literary prowess.

•  

EMKelly0106

You make Sally very proud with your literary prowess.

LOL I have actually over the years acted in probably in close to 30 productions (all amateur) but probably the most surprising the last 10 years have been mainly Religious dramas. I normally play the troubled loner, disillusioned with society, at odds with everyone, trying to find answers out of a bottle. I get cast into those parts so thay way I do not have to act!

• 1232 points

I have only played once outside of canada which was the Ritz Carlton Grand Lakes in Orlando.  Pretty impressive design compared to what i am use to.  Greg Norman loves bunkers and is great a playing them and the course is a prime example of great bunkers