Forums

Favorite International Course?

• 365 points

Id love to play anything in Northern Ireland!

•  

Just played at the best course in Scotland... yes the Old, Carnoustie and Royal Dornoch are wonderful, but for a true experience you have to go north of Dornoch and play Brora. Ask for Morris and don't mind the sheep...... old fashion links at its best.

•  

mizunogirl

Just played at the best course in Scotland... yes the Old, Carnoustie and Royal Dornoch are wonderful, but for a true experience you have to go north of Dornoch and play Brora. Ask for Morris and don't mind the sheep...... old fashion links at its best.

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR ANY STORIES ABOUT YOUR TRIP.

WHERE YOU WENT, WHAT DID YOU SEE, WHAT DID YOU PLAY,XTRA LITTLE STORIES,,,,BLAH,,BLAH,,,BLAH.

PLEASE.

•  

Great story.....but scary.   Hope he got a good tip!

• 300 points

Coming from England, I'd love to play any of the historical clubs in the States.

Maybe........ Oakmont, Pinehurst No2, Riviera, Medina.

I'd also like to play at TPC Sawgrass. The best PGA tournement all year is the Players Championship.

•  

Royal Portrush - Dunluce in Northern Ireland.  Bring your wind shirts and rain gear...

•  

That's what you pay proof readers for.

•  

Teeth of the Dog in Dominican Republic.... Simply amazing!

• 3627 points

In the UK? Royal County Down. Other? Mid Ocean.

• 440 points

I had the pleasure of playing Finca Cortesin in south Spain, it was in great condition, hospitality was through the roof, I hoofed it and they delivered me a bag of fruit and some water on the 7th hole. Northern views were of the mountains and southern views of the Mediteranean. Only downside (I'm picky) is the range was small and you could only hit irons, anything longer could carry into the golf course.

I don't understand why more golfers don't travel to south Spain, San Roque, Sotogrande, Valderama, Finca Cortesin the list goes on...

• 2772 points

St. Andrews is a "must" because of the tradition but Turnberry from a visual  sense was terrific. We've played Lahinch,Waterville,Ballybunion and Doonbeg In Ireland and were wowed by Ballybunion and Doonebeg because of the great terrain along the ocean. If you play Doonebeg bring you most comfortable Foot Joys because there is a lot of walking between holes.

One year we were adventurous and got a great off season(November) package for 

St.Andrews,Carnoustie and Turnberry. We came prepared with thermals and rainsuits and were fortunate to have reasonable weather(no worse than Nov. here in New England). The courses were so empty that we were able to take our cameras and walk the courses again when we finished our rounds.

•  

My favorite of the international courses I played in is the Riviera Maya Golf Club in México, simply amazing.

Invite you to have a look on its site: http://www.rivieramaya-golfclub.com/

•  

Many great courses around the world, WATERVILLE in Ireland in County Kerry.

• 691 points

I favor the White Witch. A Rose Hall golf course in Jamaica. Best views I've ever seen on a course to date, and quite a challenge as well. If your going to play there all I have to say is "you better hit the fairway" there is very little rough, and anything more than 10 feet either side and you lost that ball.