Forums

My Home Course in SW MIchigan

•  

O ya if anyone is in southeast Michigan I recommend playing The Orchards.

Caddy13

•  

Caddy

From your side of the state it's about a 2.5 hour drive. We're also opening a Nicklaus Signature course here in April; Harbor Shores Golf Club. Played the first nine last year and it wasn't too bad. Looking forward to seeing what the whole 18 plays like....

Welcome to the site....

• 3627 points

Cool, looks nice.

• 1723 points

Tar Heel
    http://www.hawksheadlinks.com/

Hawakshead Golf Links has been my home course since 2003 after coming to Michigan from Chapel Hill, NC. As you look to their web site, you will see a lovely B&B INN, cozy restaurant, and Arthur Hills design golf course. The course is a links style and will absolutely test you from every set of tees. The course plays you fairly, and you will find a nice mixture of long par 4's, risk-reward par 4 holes, and some really challenging par 5's. Looks are deceiving, and you can find yourself in trouble quickly in the various waste bunkers or pot bunkers, and there is plenty of heather off the tee as well. The views are fantastic, with the various grasses mixed with changing fall colors and evergreens making for some inspiring scenery.   

There are at least 4 courses that are closer to my home, but I have always found Hawkshead to be the top choice for me. From the awesome staff, great food, and wonderful facilities, this is a must play course when you come to southwest Michigan. I hope you give Hawkshead a try and enjoy the hospitality of this jewel of a facility.

Randy, just saw your old post searching for info if anyone had played Harbor Shores Golf Club in Benton Harbor?  I played Hawkshead about 10 years ago and my father and I really enjoyed the course.  My favorite course that I have played in the SW Michigan area so far.  My best friend is from St. Joseph's and his dad lives in the South Haven area.  My family just spent the 4th of July holiday up there this year and got out for a round.  Will try to get everyone to try Harbor Shores next time but love Hawkshead and would play that anytime.