Forums

My Faves!

•  

Since all of you are SE golfers, have any of you played either of the Sea Island Courses? I used to get down there about every other year but my golfing kids put a dent in my discretionary funds. I would love to know how they are playing, Especially now that DLIII will be hosting the tourney there where he basically grew up.

• 2989 points

I havent been there in about a year... but the seaside course, where they will be having the tournament is amazing as always.    Even though you hear all of the news about Sea Isand money problems, you can't tell by the conditions of the golf courses

• 3627 points

MyFeetAreHappy

Harbour Town Golf Links is at Sea Pines, right? With the lighthouse? Where they play the Verizon Heritage?

Big bucks? How big? Haven't been down that way, but if I do, I'd like to play that course. We only live once, right?

The 17th and 18th holes at HHI are awesome!

• 3627 points

rkickers9

hey tar heel likes dukes's golf course yeah but i really like to go to san diego or florida and play some courses there 

Duke's course is pretty good. Just renovated by R. Jones within the past couple years.

• 3627 points

Go Hokies

Welch222

I really love Pete Dye courses as well. 

Since you are a Pete Dye course guy that a look at what I get to play every day.  Have posted a link to the web site:

http://rivercoursegolf.com/

along with a couple of my photographs from the course.

I've heard great things about the VT course. That last hole looks awesome.

• 3627 points

EMKelly0106

My home course is also Pete Dye.  Firethorn Golf Club in Lincoln, Ne. 

If you want to see pics, go to the website and click on "course overview" under the "Golf" heading and it's interactive from there... click the fairway, tee or green on any hole and see a pic.

https://www.firethorngolfclub.com/CourseOverview.php

Very nice, EMKelly0106! Looks cool.

• 3627 points

johndeere10

We used to go to Myrtle Beach every year but haven't made it back in 2 years.  I always try to play new courses when we go.  But MB is favorite golfing place to go.

Ocean Course @ Kiawah,  HH National @ HH &  Harbour Town if it was free.   I played there last year and really nothing stood out other that all those tree limbs &  #17 and #18.  LOL    Champions Retreat and Bartrum Trail in Evans, Georgia.    Ogeechee Golf Club (Ford Plantation) in Richmond Hill, Ga.   I could play there for rest of my like and be happy.  Mount Vintage & River Club in N. Augusta

Hard to beat the Ocean Course at Kiawah in the SE US!

• 3627 points

breakingpar09

Places I'd like to play are very subtle... (and local for me...)

Merion C.C. (PA), Aronimink G.C. (PA), Philadelphia Cricket Club (PA), Ridgewood C.C. (NJ), Pine Valley (NJ)....

Outside the tri-state area, I'd love to give Myrtle National another shot...

This season I already know I'm playing at The Greenbriar, Atlantic City C.C. (NJ), and hopefully Doral (Blue... again)... 

Now you're talking...what an awesome list. A testimate to the area's strong golf culture!

• 3627 points

cwaybright

BreakingPar, you will love The Greenbrier, it is basically my second home course, three great tracks there but Old White is a must play, let me know if there is any info you need

Old White is the best course at the Greenbrier, IMO.

• 3627 points

stepheng

Here's how i would break down my faves in the Southeast- 1)Seaside Course(sea island)  2)Ocean Course at kiawiah island  3)Pinhurst #2  4) Augusta Country Club (course i grew up on had to  but it in there) 

stepheng, I've heard amazing things about Augusta Country Club. An old Ross, right?

• 3627 points

jlawton1

Since all of you are SE golfers, have any of you played either of the Sea Island Courses? I used to get down there about every other year but my golfing kids put a dent in my discretionary funds. I would love to know how they are playing, Especially now that DLIII will be hosting the tourney there where he basically grew up.

I've found the Sea Island courses to be a bit overrated.