Forums

Sailing the Rhine

•  

No golf this week.  Arrived in Amsterdam yesterday.  Sailing on the Avalon Felicity down the Rhine River into Germany, 1 stop in France and end in Switzerland.  Rained all day so it was just a relaxing day.  Been to Amsterdam a couple times before and had already done the tourist stuff.  Head for Cologne tonight.

•  

Nice Bob. Make sure you visit the cathedral in Cologne (Koln to the locals!). It is so inspiring and such a beautiful structure. Enjoy!

•  

Amsterdam has the best window shopping in the world

• 1990 points

bholley

Another great one-liner today.  

•  

That's nice, Bob... Enjoy!

•  

Yet another post from Bruce that escaped moderation!

•  

Sounds like a great trip, Bob. Enjoy !  

•  

Tar Heel
    Nice Bob. Make sure you visit the cathedral in Cologne (Koln to the locals!). It is so inspiring and such a beautiful structure. Enjoy!

Got that one covered yesterday.  Massive and unreal.  Very interesting architecture. Awe inspiring as you said.

•  

bholley

Better at night than during the day and leave the wife behind!

• 2589 points

Great trip.  I did a very similar trip late june with another cruise line and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Post river trip w also spent 4 days in Switzerland seeing Zermat, as well as Lucerne.  

The castle section of the Rhine was a very enjoyable portion of the river trip.  

Enjoy your trip

• 5142 points

Great trip. I've done most of what your doing over the years -- great memories. Not too many golf courses though ;)

• 4420 points

Sounds like an awesome trip!  Pictures please!  :)

•  

bholley

Nice quote.....

Hope you have a fun cruise.  A lot of history and beauty along that route.  Enjoy the vacation!

•  

Bob, Connye has mentioned that trip a couple of times....love to hear about it when you get back.......take lots of pictures and email me a zipfile......it looks like a grand cruise..........I'm sure it doesn't stop for red lights......ha....ha....enjoy

•  

I have passed 2 golf courses on the Rhine.  They looked nice, don't know the names.  Visited the French Maginot Line today.  Quite an engineering feat.  Being prior military I find that sort of stuff interesting.  I will post a couple pictures when I get home.  Have almost 400 to date.