Forums

Time for a Myrtle Beach trip

•  

Early tomorrow morning I'm heading to Sunset Beach, NC (30 or so minutes north of Myrtle).  A friend and his family are going to be in Myrtle next week as well, so we'll be teeing it up a time or two.  I have a 1 year old and 2 1/2 year old and he has a little boy who is only a couple of months old.  So getting out much more than once or twice will be tough.

I'm a member at Sea Trail, so we'll probably stick to those courses to save a little money.  Now just hoping the rain holds off.  Looks like they are calling for "Florida weather" (rain every afternoon).  I love playing golf in the Carolina's and can't wait to get there!

If we have enough time, we are going to stop at my cousin's house on the way home.  If we do that, I'll play one of the nicest public courses I've ever played (Woodfin Ridge).

•  

Have a good time Tim. Wish you could send some of that rain out here to SoCal. :-)

•  

Enjoy your trip Tim and play well.

• 2282 points

Have fun Tim, my family and I are thinking of going down there for a long weekend in October.  I hope to talk to the wife to let me play TPC Myrtle Beach for my birthday.  I wish I could stay for about a month and play every course down there!!  Ha.  

•  

Enjoy your trip, Tim.  Would love to be able to join you in Myrtle.  Had a great time there last summer with a bunch of buddies.

•  

Tim, if you are close the NC/SC border, you may want to play Carolina National - it's a Fred Couples design and it's a cool track.

•  

Have fun Tim. You should connect with Chuck and Bob while youre down there.

•  

Have fun up there Tim.....typical afternoon rain showers in the afternoon along the Carolina coast this time of the year.....my brother in law and his wife are due here tomorrow and the weather is a concern for them as well....they will be here thru Thrusday.....I will be playing in an Invitational Gofl Tournament in the Midstate area on the 26th and 27th and trying to work in a practice round while they are here.......probably take him with me on Wednesday......the golf rates are good in Myrtle this time of the year because it iis the off season....too hot......the prime season starts in September........have fun......how long will you be here.......know we had talked about an FJA outing sometime with myself, you, Bobby, and Bob.......we're still open.....fairways and greens......  

•  

I live in Wilmington N.C.  

• 1730 points

Have a great trip!  Been there once a long time ago and really enjoyed the golf down there and of course the atmosphere...  Hit'em straight!!!

ChuckZ, hope the weather holds up for you and your company..  Good luck with you tournaments!

•  

I know you come down this way every year.  Next time give us a little heads up and we can set up a game.  I am only about an hour away and have played the Sea trail courses a few times.  Watch out for the gators.  Got a little too close one time. Scared  the  H____ out of me.

•  

I may make a quick trip down the first weekend on August for a couple of days of golf.  I'm also hoping for good weather.

•  

Do you travel down I95?

•  

B and B, maybe we can meet in August in that area a play a round of golf when you come down.......let me know the dates and I will check my calendar....cheers

•  
    I'll let you know the next time I come for a golf trip. This is more of a family trip with a couple random rounds thrown in while the kids are sleeping. Might come down in the fall if I can get away from work long enough.