Forums

Tablet GPS

•  

Have any of you played on a course that features tablets for the cart GPS? 

I realize it's going to provide the course with a lot more advertising (pro shop, F&B, etc.), but I'm guessing the course info visibility is much greater than the cart-mounted screens.

PGA National is going to put them on all five of their courses: http://www.thegolfwire.com/story/318832 

• 4670 points

Interesting.  I have not.  However we have a single local course with GPS on the carts and the screens for them are as large as just about any tablet out there.

I wonder if I can talk my course into doing this !

•  

None with actual tablet, but a lot of the courses in Florida use 10"-12" screens on the GPS units.

•  

19hole
    None with actual tablet, but a lot of the courses in Florida use 10"-12" screens on the GPS units.

Same here..........

•  

I haven't seen a tablet GPS unit yet. All of the cart mounted units have a pretty big screen. The resolution of the ones I have used are pretty low. I would like to see units with a higher resolution. I am not sure want I would be willing to pay for the higher resolution though.

• 2102 points

Not one mounted on the cart but a guy at our course uses his a tablet because he loves the big screen. I am not sure of what app he has.