Forums

Walt Disney Courses

• 535 points

Hello, I am traveling to Orlando for a week and was thinking about playing one of the Disney courses. Any recommendations to which course I should play? Currently playing at a 10 handicap.

•  

Play Magnolia. It is by far the best of the group. Play the white tees and you should have an enjoyable round.

• 1727 points

I've played Lake Buena Vista, it's a great course.  Drink plenty of water, I was just there a couple of weeks ago.  The heat was oppressive.

• 4180 points

In all of the years I've been in and around Orlando I have yet to play a Disney course.  Enjoy your time there!

• 460 points

I would advise against playing the Disney Courses. Go play Orange County National instead. Cheaper and much better courses!
  •  

kmcmellen
    I've played Lake Buena Vista, it's a great course.  Drink plenty of water, I was just there a couple of weeks ago.  The heat was oppressive.

Played that course also a number of years ago and the company I worked for pay for it.....from what I remember we had a good time......the heat is oppressive anywhere in the southeast this time of the year through August......whoever wrote "Summertime and the livin' is easy", surely didn't mean the southeast......ha...ha...

•  

Of the Disney courses, I agree with Rick - Magnolia is the choice!

•  

Orange County National has 2 courses, but Panther Lake is really a much better course. And yes, they are less expensive than Magnolia but having played both I do much prefer Magnolia. Not a bad hole on the course.

•  

I will also agree with the Magnolia's recommendation.  It's been a long time since I've been there, but Disney usually does things right and will make it an enjoyable day.

• 1727 points

tdogg21
    It's been a long time since I've been there, but Disney usually does things right and will make it an enjoyable day.

With golf yes, food, not so much.  Took the family for a vacation and we were on a "meal plan" while staying on Disney property.  I cannot overstate how epically awful the food is.  

Never again.  Next time we go, and I'm sure we will, I'll take my cue from Bubba and go to Waffle House.