Forums

Hawaii Vacation

• 1972 points

Was thinking about taking a little trip at the end of July and Hawaii had come to mind.   Any suggestions on what areas are best?   Will definitely be trying to get a few rounds in too.  

•  

Maui and Kauai were may favorite islands.  Maui is full of amazing golf.  Kauai is wonderful as well.

•  

Kauai.. Makai, The Prince and Poipu Bay.......

•  

You're gonna love island golf, Dirt!

Check out some of the fun posts on this thread about Hawaii:

www.footjoy.com/.../12326.aspx

•  

joshgiano
    Maui and Kauai were may favorite islands.  Maui is full of amazing golf.  Kauai is wonderful as well.

My wife and I went to Hawaii and number of years ago and I did not play golf while I was there, my bad, but this was a husband and wife vacation.  We absolutely fell in love with Maui, and I had a blast.  We visited all of the islands and took in all the sights.  I would get up early in the morning and walk the beach on Maui to hear and watch the whales from a distance.  Unfortunately, there is so much to see and do and so little time.  DO IT ALL...................  :-)

•  

ChuckZ
    joshgianoMaui and Kauai were may favorite islands.  Maui is full of amazing golf.  Kauai is wonderful as well.

My wife and I went to Hawaii and number of years ago and I did not play golf while I was there, my bad, but this was a husband and wife vacation.  We absolutely fell in love with Maui, and I had a blast.  We visited all of the islands and took in all the sights.  I would get up early in the morning and walk the beach on Maui to hear and watch the whales from a distance.  Unfortunately, there is so much to see and do and so little time.  DO IT ALL...................  :-)

As of now Hawaii is my favorite place on the planet.  I can't wait to go back

•  

You cannot go wrong in Hawaii..........For us it's a toss up between Maui and San Francisco area.......so much to see and do there as well......we spent our honeymoon in SF and used to go back every 5 years.......we went to Paris last year and I think my wife fell in love there, being a history major.......it is an interesting and beautiful place and the art is overwhelming.....the food isn't bad either.....I would like to go to Germany someday, being my family came from there in the 1700s and settled in PA.......my wife and I have been blessed in having the opportunities to visit many great places and historical sites in our life together......

• 9 points

There are great courses on Kaui, the Big Island and Maui - but my favorite is on Lani - the Challenge at Manellee.  You see water on every hole.  Go to Maui and play there, and then take the boat ride over to Lanai either for a day trip or splurge and spend the night.

•  

I have been fortunate to have played on Oahu, Kona, Maui, and Kauai.  Take your pick there is great golf on all of them.

• 1455 points

I've been to Hawaii 3 times and it's never a disappointment.  However I've only got to play golf once which is disappointing to me and played Kaanapali in Maui.  Absolutely had a blast playing that course and wished I could've more.  

Visited all the islands except Moloka'i.  My favorite is Maui, hands down.  So relaxing and such a beautiful island.  Can't wait to go back and if i do, clubs are coming with me and will play as much as I can.