Forums

Reasonable price

• 696 points

What do you consider a cut off point as a reasonable price for the best courses?

Jerry Wood

• 5483 points

Depends on the course and who I'm playing with. $300 with  my buddies. I would pay up to $500 for the right course; if I was playing with my son.

How much would you pay to play Augusta? I would have to think long and hard about that.

•  

jerry wood
    What do you consider a cut off point as a reasonable price for the best courses?

Jerry Wood

VERY good question, the old junior guest rate at Oakmont was $25, the best $25 I have ever spent. The absolute most I have ever paid out of my own pocket was probably around $150.  Would I go higher than that, probably but haven't had a chance to yet.  

• 3506 points

Most I've paid was $150 for Bethpage Black. And I will do that every Spring with a bunch of buddies.

I would gladly pay more for the right course, at the right time.

But since I'm not made of $$, I'll stick to the places I can get hooked up at!

• 2062 points

Good question.  The most I've paid was $125 to play Las Vegas National.  One of the few places where the temperature was higher than my score.  The back nine was brutal.  My buddies gave up after 13, I played on.

If it were Augusta, I'd pay up to $1000 if it were offered.  Anywhere else, I probably wouldn't go above $200, which puts Pebble out of the running for me.  

Mark brings up a good point.  If I were playing with my boys, I'd give pause.  But since they're 4 and 6, it will be a while before I consider golf vacations with them.

• 2033 points

I think a good cut off point for most courses are around $150.   Of course there are exceptions that I would def pay a bit more, but not many.  

•  

The most I ever paid for a round of golf was $110 and that was at Spyglass Hill.   Have played the Ocean Course a number of times but the most I paid there was $50 and that was once.  Have been to Ireland but the green fees were included in the package.  There are so many good golf courses available to play that I choose not to pay the higher rates.  I try to get the senior rates whenever I can and where I can get a deal thru the pro.      

•  

Not sure what the most I've ever paid was.  I know it was $200 surcharge above our package price to play Pinehurst #2, but technically I didn't pay for it as it was a gift from my Dad.  However, I wouldn't hesitate to spend it to play there again.  It all depends on the course.  I'd pay the money to play Pebble, but not for Doral.  I'd probably mortgage my house for a chance to play Augusta!

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    jerry woodWhat do you consider a cut off point as a reasonable price for the best courses?

Jerry Wood

. VERY good question, the old junior guest rate at Oakmont was $25, the best $25 I have ever spent. The absolute most I have ever paid out of my own pocket was probably around $150.  Would I go higher than that, probably but haven't had a chance to yet.

Wow, $25 is an insane deal!  That course is on my bucket list.

•  

With the right 4some and courses, $150 sounds about right occasionally.

Pasatiempo as an example.

If I'm on my own, away on a good course, $60 would probably be reasonable for best.

Like Wolf course at Piute- Las Vegas.

If I'm just going out nearby: it's usually give or take $45 for best.

Oak Quarry GC

Morongo Golf Club Tukwet Canyon GC

Classic course

SilverRock . . .

Those prices are low compared to the norm in my area.  It helps to stay in touch with friends and sometimes, as past members they still send out mini specials.

•  

Depends if I'm on vacation and probably wouldn't be back... Teeth of the Dog was pricey, but it love Dye and may not get back.. Looking for a course on Orange County and Pelican Hill by Fazio is $290!, are you nuts!

• 1979 points

Hmmmmmm

The most I've paid was $260 and that was twice at the Ocean Course in 2012.1st time was a month before the PGA and second time was the Sunday following the PGA. I may pay a little more to Play No.2 this year but that would be a super rare chance to play it before the US Open. Beside's those rare chance's I don't like to spend more the $100 to play and that really depend's on who I'm golfing with. For our every week around town Sunday round's $50 is a good cut off :)

•  

To go along with this question, what could be offered get you to pay that much?  Some courses have some cool add-ons.  Like there is a package at Hilton Head that basically lets you treat your round with your buddies like a Tour event.  The caddies will even wear bibs with your name on them.  Or one of the MasterCard member for a day packages.  I think they run about $250 for a round on a TPC course plus extras.  I'm definitely more willing to spend the money if the course is going to treat me extra special and maybe offer me some little extras.

•  

Have played some great tracks and the most I have paid is $150.00 .  There are very few courses I would pay more than that to play.  Most of the really big name places are way too pricey for the average player.  

A couple I would like to play are Bethpage Black , Kiawah Island, and Torrey Pines.

If Augusta National is not on your list, then remove me from your friends list.

TT

•  

OUTIGER

Have played some great tracks and the most I have paid is $150.00 .  There are very few courses I would pay more than that to play.  Most of the really big name places are way too pricey for the average player.  

A couple I would like to play are Bethpage Black , Kiawah Island, and Torrey Pines.

If Augusta National is not on your list, then remove me from your friends list.

TT

We'd like you to play Torrey Pines as well. Get yourself a "meeting" here in San Diego and we'll get us a tee time and go play a round.