Forums

Playing PGA National in 2 weeks

• 1686 points

I am playing the Champion course at PGA National, I can't wait!!!

I have seen some nice courses over the past year!

Bethpage Black, Pinehurst #2, Plainfield CC, Liberty National, Torrey Pines, Cabo del Sol and next up PGA National!

• 2431 points

Congratulations.  Best of luck when you play.  Keep 'em in the short grass.

• 3592 points

That sounds awesome ,...... looks great on TV thats for sure.  Have fun and take and post  some pics if possible.

•  

Nice resume builder.  Which has been your favorite?  I played Torrey Pines and they was a real experience.  Played PGA West while we were in Palm Springs, then drove down to SD and was lucky to get on TP.....played with some friendly locals who guided me around the course......fairways and greens......

• 1686 points

I live in NJ, and used to live in NYC. There is not a doubt in my mind that Bethpage Black is the best course I have ever played. What it lacks in ocean views, it makes up for in it's challenge. The most amazing about the Black course is how much there is a change in terrain as well as how much property the course actually covers. It is not an easy walk!

I have been to the 2011 and 2012 Honda Classic, I am very excited to have the opportunity to play the course at PGA National.

•  

Adam62482
    I live in NJ, and used to live in NYC. There is not a doubt in my mind that Bethpage Black is the best course I have ever played. What it lacks in ocean views, it makes up for in it's challenge. The most amazing about the Black course is how much there is a change in terrain as well as how much property the course actually covers. It is not an easy walk!

I have been to the 2011 and 2012 Honda Classic, I am very excited to have the opportunity to play the course at PGA National.

Bethpage Black has the easiest greens of any tour course I have played (15 aside)!

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    Adam62482I live in NJ, and used to live in NYC. There is not a doubt in my mind that Bethpage Black is the best course I have ever played. What it lacks in ocean views, it makes up for in it's challenge. The most amazing about the Black course is how much there is a change in terrain as well as how much property the course actually covers. It is not an easy walk!

I have been to the 2011 and 2012 Honda Classic, I am very excited to have the opportunity to play the course at PGA National.  Bethpage Black has the easiest greens of any tour course I have played (15 aside)!

D:  Have you played the Ocean Course at Kiawah Island.....interesting fast greens.......have played that course about 15 times and never know what to expect......depending on the wind......when they played the Ryder Cup in 1991 they cursed those greens and the course afterwards...it was hard....Pete Dye did a make over and softened some......

• 3506 points

Devin_Gmitter
    Adam62482I live in NJ, and used to live in NYC. There is not a doubt in my mind that Bethpage Black is the best course I have ever played. What it lacks in ocean views, it makes up for in it's challenge. The most amazing about the Black course is how much there is a change in terrain as well as how much property the course actually covers. It is not an easy walk!

I have been to the 2011 and 2012 Honda Classic, I am very excited to have the opportunity to play the course at PGA National.  Bethpage Black has the easiest greens of any tour course I have played (15 aside)!

True about the greens... Rest of the course had be for breakfast, lunch, and dinner twice!

•  

Looks amazing!

Have a great time!

• 1686 points

Devin_Gmitter

Would the Black course be fun if the greens were hard? While they are somewhat flat, there is slope in them and they roll very well!

•  

Adam62482
    Devin_GmitterAdam62482I live in NJ, and used to live in NYC. There is not a doubt in my mind that Bethpage Black is the best course I have ever played. What it lacks in ocean views, it makes up for in it's challenge. The most amazing about the Black course is how much there is a change in terrain as well as how much property the course actually covers. It is not an easy walk!

Would the Black course be fun if the greens were hard? While they are somewhat flat, there is slope in them and they roll very well!

I like how easy the greens are because from tee to green the place is impossibly demanding.  Standing on the 5th tee an overwhelming sense of helplessness has to come over most any golfer who plays it.  Most shots out there are like that but the 5th is without a doubt one of the hardest holes I have ever played. The sixth is a bit of a breather, seven as an easy par 5 makes sense, as a par 4, fugetaboutit.

I love playing there, makes you realize how good the pros are!

•  

"Standing on the 5th tee an overwhelming sense of helplessness has to come over most any golfer who plays it."

Jeez, I'm expecting you to keel over from dread any moment now.....