Forums

First Interclub Matches of 2014 At the Links of Stono Ferry

•  

The Charleston Mens Interclub League opens its 2014 league play on Monday, January 6th at  The Links at Stono Ferry. This course combines the historic traditions of Charleston with exciting golf along the Intracoastal waters of South Carolina.  The Battle at Stono Ferry was fought on these grounds in 1779.  The front nine winds its way through majestic pines and waste area-lined fairways while the back nine plays along the banks of the Intracoastal waterway.

Can be tough, depending on which way the winds are blowing off the waterway.   Great fast greens and tight fairways.  

•  

Good luck, Chuck, in the 2014 Interclub season.

•  

THANKS.......Weather forecast not the best....light rain at tee time and 51 degrees and the temps will be falling the remainder of the day.....will be a FJ layerday.......and these guys do not know how to play in less than five hours.....and yes the winds should be blowing out of the NNW at 15-20 MPH....should be an interesting day......luck, we will need lots of it......  

•  

Play well Chuck.

• 5855 points

Good luck with the new season, Chuck.  That was certainly a brief break between 2013 and 2014's tournament seasons down in your neck of the woods.  Keep the momentum from last year rolling into 2014!

• 3718 points

Good luck!  I hope you have a great season!  I love reading your updates, keep em coming

•  

etakmit
    Good luck!  I hope you have a great season!  I love reading your updates, keep em coming

We began our morning in the pouring rain and the committee finally decided that we would play so on went the rain gear and off we went to the course.  The wind was blowing about 20 miles per hour whic equates to a good two club wind.  When we teed off at 10am it was about 50 degrees and dropping and fortunately I brought a baby suitcase of FJ layers just in case and it paid off.  IT turned cold and with the wind blowing the wind chill took over our games.  No soft lob shots today.  The wind moved the golf ball wherever it wanted it to go.  Our team finished in 7th placed with minus 44 points.....you think that was bad first place was minus 10 and last place was minus 61 points......the weather won and we all surrendered......of our ten man team I finished in third place which should prequalify me for out next match on January 20th....and believe me, when I say we are hoping for better weather......thank's to FJ I was able to stay warmer in awful conditions and terrible pin placements.......red flags don't go in the middle of the green........the winner today....the elements.....of the 130 players in the tournament there was only one person on the plus side........think he shot a 68.......unbelieveable score.......