Forums

New Course in "Da Bronx" and its a beauty!

• 5013 points

Here are a couple of stories about  the long-awaited and brand new Nicklaus-designed Ferry Point Golf Course that sits on the Bronx side of the Whitestone Bridge. I commuted for a while from Brooklyn to Stamford, CT and watched the construction underway as I crossed the Whitestone bridge..It took ten years to complete and  Donald Trump to complete what the city could not accomplish...again. Trump also re-built the city's fabled ice skating rink Wollman Rink in the early 1980s after it sat busted and broken for years..Whatever you say about Donald, give him a stage and he gets things built! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wollman_Rink

Should be a cool venue once it finally opens to the public..

www.nydailynews.com/.../donald-trump-run-bronx-complete-article-1.1487633

www.weiunderpar.com/.../in-the-bronx-new-golf-course-trumps-a-dump

•  

A beautiful layout.....I love links courses and with the Manhattan background, WOW.......wonder if it will have public course rates.........or at least rates the average public can afford.......

•  

The rates are supposed to be $85. weekday and $125. weekend. I work at a public course near here and the city sets the rates. I don't think they will have a say on the rates.

• 5013 points

Yep. That is my understanding as well..Rates set by the city...Wonder how public transportation will work getting you out o the course?? Maybe a water shuttle from the East Side up the East River and out onto the western end of Long Island Sound..Lord knows driving from Brooklyn or up through the Bronx qill never be any fun!!

Quite a set of golf courses ringing the waters of the New York City coastline: Bayonne Golf Club and Liberty National on thr Jersey side of the Hudson River and now Ferry Point in the Bronx...I cannot wait for Ferry Point to open!

• 4881 points

Friends of mine in NYC complain about the rates/accessibility of courses all the time.  Hopefully this new addition removes any excuses for not practicing and being "match" ready :)

• 5013 points

Friends of mine in NYC complain about the rates/accessibility of courses all the time.  Hopefully this new addition removes any excuses for not practicing and being "match" ready :)

Miniwarmth: - share this blog with your city friends as inspiration for playing golf in NYC golf: http://www.legitimategolf.com/

This guy shows you what a true NYC golf fanatic is all about! For NYC residents in need of inspiration to play the game in the confines of the city limits, log onto this blog:

- Any further whining and they need to find a new sport!

•  

Looks very similar to Liberty National.  Hope I can get a chance to take in the views of the bridge in 2014.

Thanks for sharing, always nice to see new courses open.

•  

My friends and I have long wanted to do a NY golf trip, guess this adds another reason to do so!