Forums

Wandering Golfer

• 1146 points

What ever happened to the Wandering Golfer? That was a pretty cool show. It was very well produced and well written. I always got the impression Maulsby's growing familiy kept him from continuing with the show. The third season was ok but the vibe was different.

I'm surprised Golf Channel hasn't tried to revive it.

en.wikipedia.org/.../Wandering_Golfer

•  

ProfIII, never heard of it.....saw that it was here in the Charleston area at Kiawah Island......never really watched a lot of Golf channel programs until I retired in 2011, other than the golf tournaments......maybe a lot of other people did not watch it as well.....

• 5298 points

It was a neat show that gave you a look at what it might be like to visit the area if you were planning to go there to play golf.  You got to see the courses and some of the history related to the courses.  I thought it was a neat concept so viewers could experience different courses we probably will never be able to go and visit.

•  

Sounds like something that would draw my interest........I have played a lot of golf courses but there are a lot I would like to hear about before going there.....great concept for folks who like to travel and play different courses......

•  

hmm....can't say I ever saw it.  But it sounds like a good concept that I would watch.  But at the same time, if it wasn't places I thought I might go someday, I could see skipping it.  Also, I would think you would eventually run out of places to go.  Maybe a combination of things like those are what did it in.

• 1146 points

ChuckZ
    ProfIII, never heard of it.....saw that it was here in the Charleston area at Kiawah Island......never really watched a lot of Golf channel programs until I retired in 2011, other than the golf tournaments......maybe a lot of other people did not watch it as well.....

Interestingly enough, it was on the Fine Living Channel which hasn't existed for quite a while now.  It was a great show.  It was more of a travelogue than anything else. Tom Coyne has a great show as well but it seems to only be on sporadically.

• 1090 points

I enjoyed the show and thought it was well done. He played some nice courses and went to some pretty cool "locals" type places.

• 847 points

I used to watch it when it was on.  When Fine Living went off the air in favor of the Cooking Channel, the show must have been a casualty as well.

• 4131 points

Great concept. I would trade the Big Break series for it.

•  

Wandering Golfer was canceled due to "lack of direction"

• 4617 points

bholley
    Wandering Golfer was canceled due to "lack of direction"

Holley for President - its time we put some humor back into the Oval Office!!