Forums

Caribbean/ Cabo, Mx

• 598 points

We're kicking around some plans for a February vacation at one of these destinations.  I've never been a fan of the island courses (conditioning/prices.)   Does anyone have any recommendations?  I heard the courses in Cabo are great but $300+ pricing turns me off.  

•  

www.thegrandcollection.com/.../iberostar-grand-hotel-paraiso

They filmed the Big break there.

•  

Check out Costco travel section and save on package and you'll have more money for golf..

•  

Hands down the location in the southeastern Mexico- Caribe de Mexico- The Cancun/Playa del Carmen area is best of the best I've seen in Mexico.  Ambassador bholey recommends a great location and golf is a part of "all inclusive".

Cabo is an amazing destination for golf, fishing, nightlife, food/bev. and not to mention relaxation as well.

My choice, even though we have a place to stay in Cabo, would always be Cancun/Playa del Carmen - the Mexican Caribbean area.

If you plan to play a lot of golf- even more so- chose to go to Cancun/Playa del Carmen.  Check out the golf course in the site- it will not disappoint.

• 1628 points

Cabo del Sol is expensive but worth the cost - it has been a top 100 course in the world for years.

If cost is an issue, try Cabo San Lucas CC you can get on there for under $100 with their twilight rate.

•  

Anywhere you travel is going to be expensive.  Either expect it or don't play golf.  If you are on vacation enjoy it.  Cabo is an golf experience.  I enjoyed it many years ago, there are a lot more options now.

• 598 points

Looks like Cancun may get the nod.  Thanks for the advice!

• 1628 points

Cabo is MUCH nicer when compared to Cancun!

• 771 points

I played Club Campestre San Jose while on my honeymoon and really enjoyed it.  Rented TM clubs and felt lost without my Titleist clubs.  Views of Sea of Cortez on over half of holes were pretty awesome.  Cabo Del Sol, Diamante (Tiger building a course there now), El Dorado Golf and Beach Club, & Palmilla are on my radar if I ever make it back there again.  

• 254 points

The Cabo courses are expensive, but some of the resorts there have deals if you stay with them

• 847 points

Played Cabo del Sol and Palmilla whilst there a few years ago. Expensive, but fun.  Ocean course at Cabo del Sol was a beautiful track