Forums

Course photos - Have you played any of these?

• 4617 points

The PGA web site has a great collection of photos taken by various photographers at courses around North America.

Check these out - Is your favorite course among these?

galleries.pga.com/.../Amazing_golf_course_photos

•  

Some nice courses here. Thanks for sharing.

•  

Number 18 at the Links Course at Wild Dunes at the Isle of Palms, SC.  Not the original hole, because in 1989, hurricane Hugo destroyed that hole.  I am looking at my print of that original hole on my wall in my man room.  It is a par five and you can go for it in two but watch out for the Atlantic on the left and a few well placed sand traps on the right, if you are a big hitter.  A very generous green landing area.  A very nice resort course.  Also has the Harbour Course which runs along the Intercoastal Waterway.  Very challanging as well.  Wild Dunes is a must play when in Charleston area.  Bulls Bay is in East Cooper also and is very private.  Darius Rucker is member there.  It is a links style course, open fairways and fast greens.    

•  

Wild Dunes is the only one I have ever played.

•  

NCBob
    Wild Dunes is the only one I have ever played.

Me too.....the Links course is my favorite of the two.....we used to be able to purchase a special pass that would allow locals to play at special reduced rates for X number of rounds then have a tournament at the end of that special.....was a great deal for us....

•  

I'd pick between Wolf Creek and Pacifico..... Run the risk of being shark bait trying to get to the green.

•  

I've also played the courses at Isle of Palms.  Really nice resort along the ocean.

•  

I have played Troon North - great desert course.  There are plenty more on that list I would love to play - guess the bucket list just got a little longer...

•  

i've also played both courses at Wild Dunes.  nice resort and i'm hoping to get back there soon.  i've been to Congressional a few times but haven't had a chance to play there yet.

•  

A lot of great looking holes, but I have not been on any of them, but did recognize a few of the pics.

•  

Only courses in here for me are the TPC Sugarloaf in Georgia and Wild Dunes in SC. Interesting to see so many courses from Canada listed.

•  

Next time you guys are headed to the Charleston area let me know, I live about ten minutes from Wild Dunes.......maybe I can steer you to some other courses in the area that are just as fun.....or maybe we can even hook up........Chuck

•  

Haven't played any. Been to TPC Sugarloaf and East Lake many times as a spectator to PGA Events there. Grew up about 25 mins from Sugarloaf. Think the course looks amazing; you should see the homes!

•  

I played Wolf Creek last year and it's pretty amazing that it's even there, let alone being such a cool course.

• 598 points

I'm "0 fer the list."  That view of the Pacifico course is going to give me nightmares for weeks to come.