Forums

Be Careful Where You Play?

•  

Interesting article regarding a golfer who played golf in Cancun........most courses in our area have signs warning you.....cz  : (

www.golfchannel.com/.../golfer-suing-cancun-course-after-losing-two-fingers-to-crocodile    

• 5067 points

Crocman's post last year of a SHARK in the river/hazard bordering a hole in Australia takes my cake!! Plenty of crocs Down Under...What's the preferred methodology for dealing with the beasts when you encounter them Crocman??

• 4931 points

I almost stepped on a Copperhead last spring. If I was bright enough to post pics this forum I would share the pic I took of it.

• 819 points

I almost stepped on a Copperhead this spring right when it was starting to warm up.  I guess that is what I get for hooking one into the woods.

•  

Lots of hazards out there, be careful where you step.

•  

Enter at your own risk.... He'll loose!

•  

pistolpete
    Crocman's post last year of a SHARK in the river/hazard bordering a hole in Australia takes my cake!! Plenty of crocs Down Under...What's the preferred methodology for dealing with the beasts when you encounter them Crocman??

R U N !!!!!!!!!!!  AS FAST AS YOU CAN

•  

MarkWDallasTx
    I almost stepped on a Copperhead last spring. If I was bright enough to post pics this forum I would share the pic I took of it.

Mark....a friend reached down to grab a ball and a copperhead bite his ring finger and his almost lost that finger.....could not play golf for a least six months.....ugly mess.......snakes will not bother you, if you do not bother them....so I take a drop and penalty stroke and move on.....it's not worth a $4 golf ball......if I can reach to ball with a club or ball retriever, ok....otherwise, I leave it for the rangers...or ball hawks......cooperheads are difficult to see in the woods and pack a potent bite.....I hate snakes........cz  

•  

Dangerous hazards beware !

• 1393 points

if you're running from a croc or gator it's best to run in a zigzag pattern. they're very quick in a straight line but they can't turn very well. Best to avoid them all together.