Forums

Hilton Head Golf

• 519 points

Has anyone played Bloody Point on Dafuskie Island lately?  We are going to Hilton Head in mid-Oct and plan on a round over there.  

•  

I live not far from Hilton Head and have checked with some of my golfing buddys who go to that area and no one can tell me anything about those courses.  Most of them go there to chill and rest......they take their wifes, jog, ride bikes, beach, eat and drink......most of us play golf 4-5 days a week and I guess that is their getaway....I guess, every now and then you have to get away from golf.......sorry can't help you out........cz  : )

•  

I have played on Dafuskie and gone to Bloody Point, but not in over 6 years, so a little dated. Personally, I would skip the long-ish ferry ride and go to the RTJ course on Palmetto dunes Plantation. Much nicer day for me. And I would also recommend the Hilton Head National courses. 27 holes of Gary Player magic, with no houses around any part of the courses. And it is very cost effective!

• 34 points

Thanks - Heading to HH this week to Play Harbor Towne - Dafuskie was on the list of maybe's - will stay away....

DOC