Forums

WHERE DO YOU RATE SAWGRASS?

•  

Sawgrass is a fabulous course without question both the Stadium and Valley Courses.  Some of the top courses in my mind that I have been very very lucky to have played in recent years include (in order): Oakmont CC, Augusta National, Muirfield Village.  I believe Sawgrass Courses would be in the top 10 or 15.  Definitely top notch courses though.  I have not played any international courses as well as I have not played Pellican Hill however I will be in the LA/San Diego Area twice over the next 60 days for a Vokey Fitting and TT Event so it sounds like I need to make an effort to check it out!  Thanks for everyone's input...this is a great thread!

•  

Great question.  Sawgrass is such a fun course, and the back 9 is awesome, especially 16, 17, and 18.  When thinking of a great course I think #1 layout- Is there a different way to play every hole? #2Conditions- good fast greens, nice fairways, cool bunkers, etc... 3 scenery- Do you want to take a picture of every hole?  Over all I think it's the 3rd best course I've played.

#1 Red Sky Ranch (Norman)

#2 TPC Boston

#3 TPC Sawgrass

#3.5 TPC Harding Park

#3.6 University of Michigan

#3.7 Sandpiper