Forums

Anyone ever play Harding Park

•  

Hi fellow FJers.  I'm going to be in San Francisco tomorrow and will have an afternoon to kill.  Has anyone here ever played Harding Park?  It looks pretty sweet.  I'm thinking about trying to sneak in a round out there.  Any secretes to getting on and scoring well?

Thanks

•  

Well worth it, even in the fog the tree stand out.. HUGE... Very respectable course, bring a camera, they ho$e noncity residents.. But still play it! Great views, you can see the posh private courses across the lake!

•  

Haven't played there but SF is a great city.  Enjoy and post some photos!

•  

I've played it Josh and it's terrific. A GPS unit will help you along fine. I got to play with some local guys and they navigated me around well. the cost for non-locals is excessive, but you might try one of the online sites.

•  

Sorry Josh. Have been by there a couple times, but never went on to play.

• 4846 points

Josh,

Can you give a review of the course?

• 2756 points

Anxious to hear a playing review on this one. I'm headed there in Sept of 2014 and I'm planning to play there.

•  

Gentlemen, Harding Park is worth the price tag.

If I lived in SF, I'd play there all the time.  It's crazy cheap for residents.  

You really don't feel like you're in a major city (hole 3 has a bit of a city feel), and the history is incredible.  The day I played there was no fog and just a little wind.  It was about 75* and sunny.  The guys I played with said it wasn't typical.  

The layout is fantastic.  The cypress trees are super cool.  You can also see Olympic Club from some of the holes.  The greens were a little slow, but they're still tricky, and roll true.  The course was in great shape and played well.  I birdied 7, 8, and 16- which I was pretty proud of.  The 18th hole is really cool, and it's a beast!  I played from the back tees (for mere mortals- the Tour tees were well behind us).  I kind of wish I had played whites.  I hit my hybrid into a fair amount of greens.  Luckily I was hitting it well that day.

Overall I would put it in my top 10 courses I've played.  If you're in SF you should definitely play there.  If you've never been to SF, you should go.  It's a wonderful city.

•  

Glad you had a good time Josh. You're sure getting some travel time in. :-)

• 4925 points

@Joshgiano, thanks for reviews on the course. While I've been to SF many times and heard great things about Harding over the years, I've never played the course.  I'll have to keep it in mind on my next trip for sure.  

•  

golferdrmjr
    Glad you had a good time Josh. You're sure getting some travel time in. :-)

You have no idea.  I haven't had a full week home since mid March.  Good thing the clubs travel with me (and my key still works when I get home)