Forums

Kiva Dunes Gulf Shores, AL

• 5734 points

Has anyone played Kiva Dunes this Summer? If so what shape is the course in?

•  

MarkWDallasTx
    Has anyone played Kiva Dunes this Summer? If so what shape is the course in?

Have not, but when you go let us know how it is.......sounds like a good guys weekend out.......cz  : )

•  

Mark, I played it 2 summers ago. Altho the course was in great shape there som much hidden trouble on the course I didn't enjoy it at all. For the money they charge to play there I think Peninsula with it's 3 different 9's are a much better deal. For my money tho Gulf Shores Country Club is the best course down there for the money. From tee to green it was in great shape & a lot of fun.

•  

Mark, I played it 2 summers ago. Altho the course was in great shape there som much hidden trouble on the course I didn't enjoy it at all. For the money they charge to play there I think Peninsula with it's 3 different 9's are a much better deal. For my money tho Gulf Shores Country Club is the best course down there for the money. From tee to green it was in great shape & a lot of fun.

•  

•  

• 5734 points

Nelbass
    Mark, I played it 2 summers ago. Altho the course was in great shape there som much hidden trouble on the course I didn't enjoy it at all. For the money they charge to play there I think Peninsula with it's 3 different 9's are a much better deal. For my money tho Gulf Shores Country Club is the best course down there for the money. From tee to green it was in great shape &

a lot of fun.

I agree with you. I play Kiva every Summer and every time I think great conditions I like the link style but if you miss your landing area right or left you lose a ball or it costs you of a couple of recovery strokes. It is a hard course  for me regardless of tee set I play from. Penisula was my favorite course in the area for years. I like the 3 nines layout. My son and I played the Gulf Shores Country Club several times last year. It is now our favorite course. Great shape and and very forgiving. Exactly what I am looking for on vacation.

• 34 points

Played Kiva last year - loved it. If you want another good course - the Palmer course (Farm) is pretty good too....Kiva was a little beat up - but loved the track!!!

• 5734 points

Drdoc22
    Played Kiva last year - loved it. If you want another good course - the Palmer course (Farm) is pretty good too....Kiva was a little beat up - but loved the track!!!

I like playing at Craft Farms. I like both courses. My condo is next to Kiva Dunes though so the drive about a 30 minutes. Normally a round takes about 4 hours at any of the clubs in the area. Craft Farms is the furtherest for me. so it adds about 30-45 additional drive time.

• 1995 points

Always want to get to Kiva Dunes but my group always hits the RTJ trial and we never make it down all the way to Kiva.  I hope when we do make it down there its in great condition.  

• 5734 points

DB9Boilers
    Always want to get to Kiva Dunes but my group always hits the RTJ trial and we never make it down all the way to Kiva.  I hope when we do make it down there its in great condition.

I am there the 2nd week of August and we can always use a 4th.

• 1995 points

That would be awesome, I will have to check my schedule.  Alabama definitely has some great golf!!

• 5734 points

DB9Boilers
    That would be awesome, I will have to check my schedule.  Alabama definitely has some great golf!!

We play Kiva, Kraft Farms, Pennsula, and the old CC used to be called the Wharf GC.

• 203 points

Kiva is a great course and really a thinking man's tract.  They had some issues last year with their greens but from what I have heard they are fine now.  Kiva is my favorite in Gulf Shores followed by the Gulf Shores golf club.  In my opinion, it is very underrated.

• 5734 points

actuck23
    Kiva is a great course and really a thinking man's tract.  They had some issues last year with their greens but from what I have heard they are fine now.  Kiva is my favorite in Gulf Shores followed by the Gulf Shores golf club.  In my opinion, it is very underrated.

Gulf Shores Golf Club is favorite for my son and myself. Doesn't get a lot of trafiic and half the price of Kiva, Pennisula, and Kraft Farms.