Forums

PGA National Courses - West Palm Beach, FL

• 2756 points

Picked up a Groupon for a stay in a Villa at PGA National in West Palm Beach.  Pretty excited, won't be heading down until September, so some of the summer heat should have burned off.

Anyone ever been?  Any feedback on where to eat and where to play outside of PGA National?

Thanks!

RJ

• 5235 points

I played at the Palm Beach Polo Golf and Country Club on the Cypress course. It was a great course. It is hard to go wrong with any course in that area. Trump has a course there but it was way out of my price range.

• 1466 points

Went there this spring, could live at the practice facility

• 3506 points

Just got back from WPB myself. Played an affordable little public course in Royal West Palm. Villages GC. Not too shabby. Not many places to eat around PGA National I found (went to Publix every day for groceries) right down the road from National. However, make sure you head down to The Square Grouper at night!

•  

Ryan Atkins
    Picked up a Groupon for a stay in a Villa at PGA National in West Palm Beach.  Pretty excited, won't be heading down until September, so some of the summer heat should have burned off.

Anyone ever been?  Any feedback on where to eat and where to play outside of PGA National?

Thanks!

RJ

Eat at Rocco's Tacos, no question.  I actually found PGA National to be pretty easy, not overly long, receptive greens.  If the wind it up it could spell trouble.  

•  

Have not been that way, but if you are in Palm Springs,CA, you owe it to yourself to play PGA WEST Nickalus Course.  Way hot, no humidity but had a blast.  Played with some locals.  Well worth the money.  

CZI

• 2956 points

I had a lot of fun at Duffy's Sports Grill on Forest Hill Boulevard in West Palm, a couple of blocks from the Okeeheelee Golf Course (a super public layout you can actually walk. 3 different 9 hole layouts, all nice, 6500 to 6900 yds).  A great place to hang if you're flying solo, or with other guys). Not all that close to the PGA, but, if you have a vehicle it's worth checking out the course and grill. There are lots of good restaurants near the PGA, depending on what type of cuisine you are looking for, ask around when you get there.

•  

Two time offender at PGA National. Inviting environment, Relaxing Golf. Great food @ Ironwood & IBar both right in the resort   Check out breakfast buffet on the terrace level.....Finish your day at the fabulous Spa. Try the three different types of mineral pools. Otherwise put your feet up and lounge by the main or enjoy a dip while you sip a beverage. Unless you want to travel around consider passing on a rental car. Transport to and from Airport available. Cabs easy access to restaurants off site....For Italian a must  - Vic & Angelo's. 4520 PGA Blvd. P.B. Gardens