Forums

Where have you been?

•  

In Bali Indonesia, The Bali Handara course lays in a dormant volcano high in the bundoks.  *** plants, trees (ferns taller than full grown trees, lots of colorful birds.  Amazing course and layout, but not so difficult.

•  

Siam CC in Pattaya, Thailand.

Hawks Ridge in Ball Ground, GA.

TPC Sawgrass was an absolute blast to play (though it was in December)

Oyster Harbors on Cape Cod

Fox Hopyard (only because I finally broke 80 this year here this past weekend; and it was a real nice layout!)

• 1466 points

dzabkar
    Siam CC in Pattaya, Thailand.

Fox Hopyard (only because I finally broke 80 this year here this past weekend; and it was a real nice layout!)

Love the responses! What did you think of Oyster Harbors, thats where I play!

•  

Playing in the Member/Guest at Cedar Ridge CC starting today. This is a great track that hosted the LPGA for many years.  

They never disappoint and have a great FJ apparel selection.

TT

• 1466 points

Sounds awesome, post some pics please!

•  

TOUGH TO CHOOSE BUT SOMEHOW I ALWAYS GO BACK TO CARNOUSTIE IN SCOTLAND.

FAIR BUT REALLY TOUGH.

•  

FAIR BUT REALLY TOUGH.

•  

FAIR BUT REALLY TOUGH.

•  

Gzink96
    dzabkarSiam CC in Pattaya, Thailand.

Gzink96
    dzabkarSiam CC in Pattaya, Thailand.

Shot a million. Unbelievable amenities (clubhouse, range, practice green). Big fan

•  

Yesterday, Los Angeles Country Club, north course.

The Walker Cup will be there.
    http://www.walkercup.org/news/2017wc.html

But I don't get why not the US Open when the USGA practically begs them . . . Also a great line to read about the club's exclusivity:
    The course maintains an exclusive status. It rebuffs repeated attempts by the PGA to hold a pro tour event there, even a US Open or PGA Championship. 1940's movie leading man Randolph Scott applied for membership and was turned down as the club did not accept actors. To which Scott replied along the lines of " I have 50 movies proving I'm not an actor". He was then accepted as a member.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Country_Club

• 810 points

The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island.  I played while on vacation this year and it is absolutely incredible.  I have an invite to play at Oakmont CC, but have to admit I'm a little intimidated by the thought of playing there.

•  

Broc55
    The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island.  I played while on vacation this year and it is absolutely incredible.  I have an invite to play at Oakmont CC, but have to admit I'm a little intimidated by the thought of playing there.

Definitely go to Oakmont, as long as you don't miss a fairway or green you will have a lovely time!  The greens are the fastest you will ever play, but they are also the truest, hit your putts properly and it will go in.  Also, if you take a caddie, LISTEN, they can easily shave many strokes off your score around the greens.  

•  

Newport CC in RI was awesome and we played it in a downpour (FJ kept us dry). Other than that I'd have to say Red Sky in Colorado. The Norman track is really fun. Just a great layout and a fun track. I'm getting to play tpc Boson on Monday. I can't wait

•  

Just arrived back from my trip to Scotland. Played the following courses: Cruden Bay (Twice), Carnoustie (Burnside Links and Championship Course), St. Andrews (Old Course, New Course, Jubilee Course, Eden Course, Castle Course). All of the golf was fantastic. Only the first round at Cruden Bay was rainy. For those of you at the FJAI in RI simliar weather only a harder steady rain and much more wind. Other course of note that I have played this year would be all 4 courses at Kohler.

•  

Just arrived back from my trip to Scotland. Played the following courses: Cruden Bay (Twice), Carnoustie (Burnside Links and Championship Course), St. Andrews (Old Course, New Course, Jubilee Course, Eden Course, Castle Course). All of the golf was fantastic. Only the first round at Cruden Bay was rainy. For those of you at the FJAI in RI simliar weather only a harder steady rain and much more wind. Other course of note that I have played this year would be all 4 courses at Kohler.