Forums

What courses are you playing?

• 2801 points

I played Minerva quite a lot when I lived in Columbus. You are right it ,it is a good course for the money. The Columbus area is loaded with good courses .

•  

zacho
    We have a weekly game at Acushnet River Valley in Mass.  It is a muni which is always in great condition. The front is wooded and hilly and the back is flat and links type. When the wind is up it can be a factor on the  back nine.

We shot and apparel video there last week.

• 2801 points

Devin,if you ever need a group of old,short,round and ugly models for a shoot at Acushnet just let me know.

• 2956 points

zacho
    Devin,if you ever need a group of old,short,round and ugly models for a shoot at Acushnet just let me know.

+1

•  

zacho

Devin, if you need extras, or stars even, it'd only cost you a plane ticket and a pair of icons (or maybe two)!

• 1466 points

Been to Acushnet river, pretty nice track!

• 1362 points

Deno
    Ballyowen and Wild Turkey at Crystal Springs Resort in North Jersey.  Challenging layouts.   Ballyowen is a links design complete with bagpiper on 18 at the end of the day.

Hey Deno,

I'm planning to take on a few of these courses in a month or so. Do you have any tips/advice regarding accommodation. Will be going with the wife and kids and was wondering if there were things for them to do at any particular resort / hotel. Thanks in advance!

• 1362 points

Deno
    Ballyowen and Wild Turkey at Crystal Springs Resort in North Jersey.  Challenging layouts.   Ballyowen is a links design complete with bagpiper on 18 at the end of the day.

Hey Deno,

I'm planning to take on a few of these courses in a month or so. Do you have any tips/advice regarding accommodation. Will be going with the wife and kids and was wondering if there were things for them to do at any particular resort / hotel. Thanks in advance!

Deno

Hey Deno, I forgot to ask, is there a grass range? Short game practice area?

•  

TNT and I just played Torrey Pines North again. Another beautiful day in San Diego!

•  

Gorgeous day!

•  

Understatement.  Have only played it once and what an outstanding public course.....drove down from Palm Springs after playing PGA West,. to visit my wife's cousins.....beautiful area......spent a great day walking and enjoying some great guys from that area......hope to play it again next time we are in that area......can't remember the name of that old famous hotel there, but want to stay there....beautiful....love your city........cz  :  )

• 2801 points

I lived in the Columbus area for 15 years and we had a group that played about 40 weekends per year. With all the wonderful public courses in the Columbus area we had a rotation of about 15 courses that we played . Minerva was on the list. Not at the top of the list but certainly a lot of fun to play.

• 4511 points

I live in Rochester, NY.  As such we have 70+ local courses.  Very few of them are strictly private clubs (Oak Hill being one of them).  The rest are mostly semi-private.  We have a few munis too.

There are some fabulous public courses and others that cost way too much for the state that they're in.  I dont have any one course that I regularly play as I like to get around town and play courses I've never been on, or maybe havent been to in a few years.  Another upside is that prices are usually very reasonable for 18+cart.  The most expensive course around (that isn't private) is around 75 including cart (and its a beautiful course).

My favorite course is a muni though.  Its generally not in the best shape but I love the layout (the original layout is RTJ - but a lot of his features have been removed).

I just love having so many reasonably priced options.

•  

I am jealous of you guys. What do locals pay and can you make it around in a reasonable time?

•  

bholley

I am jealous of you guys. What do locals pay and can you make it around in a reasonable time?

Bruce, if you're talking about Torrey, then it's $40 for the North and $61 for the South, Mon. thru Thurs. and $50 or $76 for Fri. thru Sun. for residents. If you can get out in the first hour or so you can play in under 4 hours. It takes a little longer as the day goes on. Come out and join us sometime. :-)