Forums

Mass Courses

• 1466 points

Hey Everyone,

I live in Hingham, MA and was wondering what courses I should try and play this summer. I am a member at Blackrock and play there almost everyday but would like to play some more courses.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

• 5261 points

Gzink96 - Come on down to the Cape! Courses here are starting to look really nice and the spring greens fees at most venues will leave enough in the wallet to buy a hot dog..The Captains in Brewster always fun - www.captainsgolfcourse.com as well as Cranberry Valley in Harwich  - www.cranberrygolfcourse.com .

And you are mere moments away from Pinehills - http://www.pinehillsgolf.com/ in Plymouth and Waverly Oaks - http://www.waverlyoaksgc.com/ 

A bit of a road trip but an excellent golfing challenge is Crumpin Fox in Bernardston, MA out to the west - http://golfthefox.com/crumpin-fox/course/ 

How's that for starters?

•  

Tough to find anywhere as nice as Black Rock!

Try to get to TPC-Boston....

• 1466 points

Thanks pistolpete for all the great courses I will definetly be down there soon! And I have played Crumpin Fox before and that is quite a course but like you said a hike!

Thanks guys

•  

If you are looking to travel a bit, Newport National in RI is a terrific course - would highly recommend it!  In MA, PistolPete is right on target with Pine Oaks.  I would also recommend that you take a look at Granite Links in Quincy.

• 2781 points

I would check out Red Tail in Devins and Shaker Hills in Harvard. Two really nice courses. You might have already played it but check out Granite Links in Quincy, only a short drive for you.

•  

There are some great courses in MA. Travel to central MA and the Cape, then the south shore... You can't go wrong.

• 1466 points

RedHusky I'll be sure to check out Red Tail and Shaker Hills and yes been to Granite Links, great track

• 3506 points

ToddL
    If you are looking to travel a bit, Newport National in RI is a terrific course - would highly recommend it!  In MA, PistolPete is right on target with Pine Oaks.  I would also recommend that you take a look at Granite Links in Quincy.

Second Newport National, play there almost every weekend.

• 1466 points

Is Newport Nation public or private? And if its private is it hard to get onto?

•  

Pine hills is a classic, and The Ranch is solid too. I belong to Thomson CC in the North Shore. Shoot me a pm if you're ever around and I'll take you out there.

• 1466 points

Thanks a ton, I'll let you know if I ever find myself up there!

• 3506 points

Gzink96
    Is Newport Nation public or private? And if its private is it hard to get onto?

Semi-private. So anyone can play. Kinda pricey but the course is worth it.

• 1466 points

I'll have to make a trip!