Forums

Shaker Hills

• 2781 points

Hey Massachusetts (and all of New England) people just a heads up big things are happening at Shaker Hills CC in Harvard, MA.  I just played there today and it was awesome.  I was fortunate enough to get a tour from the owner who showed us all the improvements he is making since buying the course.  He is completely remodeling the clubhouse but the best part is he made the back lounge on top of the 18th green so its like a gallery when you come in, also a live feed of the green inside the bar so everyone can see what's happening.  The course is in fantastic shape and he added a new 18th which is now a 562 yard Par 5 from the tips.  The old 18th is now a practice hole.  I would highly recommend checking it out.  Reasonable prices considering the quality.

• 2956 points

Thanks for the heads up. I played in a tournament there many moons ago. Just checked out their web site (www.shakerhills.com) and will put together a 4-some with my usual-suspect golf buddies soon. It looks great.

• 2721 points

Thanks for the info. Last week I made the trip up to Devens to play Red Hawk which was worth the 2 hr. trip,so next week I think we will make a return trip to the area  and try out Shaker.

•  

Sounds like a future road trip and round for my golf group.....

•  

Zacho, I think you mean Red Tail....