Forums

Has anyone played the Ole Miss Golf Club course lately?

• 366 points

I am an Ole Miss Alumni class of 1981; I have not played the course since I graduated. I was back on campus last February for my Fraternity, “Sigma Pi” Founders Day events. Wow the course has changed; they spend a lot of money and have turned the course into a world class venue. I played 45 holes, (9, 18 and 18) in three days, the weather was really bad, cold and very windy, the course was in winter form and I had a blast, the greens were lighting fast and the course well maintained. The real joy of my second day was I got to spend about a half an hour talking with Woman’s Head Coach Michele Drinkard, wonderful woman and a great coach.

I also went to two baseball games and one basketball game, “Great things are happening at OLE MISS”!

Col. Rebel is my Mascot!

•  

Greetings to you sir. Sorry to just get to this note now as I have been on vacation. I have not had the pleasure of playing this course, but have stopped in the clubhouse during my travels. It looked beautiful, as do all southern university courses.

Welcome to our site and I hope you stay a while.

•  

Is the Ole Miss course a public or private course?  I love playing college courses, but I've found some of them to be private unless you are a student or alumni. I would love to play it sometime if its public.

•  

I just checked with my niece, who is a grad student at Ole Miss.  According to her, the web site lists fees and does not state any restrictions on public play (www.theolemissgolfcourse.com/.../course-rates).  I'd check it out if you have the opportunity.  Of course, you should always check ahead to see if any type of function is scheduled on the dayY ) ***s) you wish to play.

• 366 points

Ole Miss golf course showed me great customer service, I gave them my schedule and they found me tee times that worked so I would have lots of time to make the Fraternity events and the Ole Miss Baseball and Basketball games.