Forums

Thailand Pix

•  

This is one of the holes at Bangkok Golf & Spa Resort.
    Par 4 #15,  A 369 yards from the tips, sharp dogleg left.  The green is directly over the tallest tree.

Riverdale GC.
    The #17 offers a choice for your group to play either a slight uphill green at 164 or a severe down hill island green to a 108 yards (from the blues) .

We opted to play the island green.  It turned out to be the tougher of the two.

One of the holes at Santiburi GC.  This was the only golf course in the Island of Ko Samui.  Very hilly and tough for me.

A nice par 3 at Burapah GC

Waiting for the par 3, 150ish, # 14 at Black Mountain GC. . .

. . . and the green has cleared.

•  

Hi Noel, great pictures.  Looks like a tough course.  Very nice shape and appears to have quite a bit of water.  Some of the pics remind me of the courses on Hawaii.

Thanks for sharing, and by the way.....very nice finish on the swing.

•  

Nice photos, Luso.  Thanks for keeping the group up to date on your trip and the courses you played.  Looking good in your follow through.

•  

Noel, Thanks for sharing your vacation pictures.  Looks you have been able to play a lot of golf. That makes it a great vacation. Nice work.

•  

great pictures, thanks for sharing. Courses all look like they were in great shape.

• 1059 points

Noel pictures Noel.  Hope you're having a wonderful time out there....

•  

Did you ride or take a caddy

• 4617 points

Indeed, looks like the Asian golf scene continues to grow  - These are great photos of what seem to be very nice layouts. What kind of food did you encounter at the turn?

•  

Thanks, guys.  I'm back now- short lived but fun.  I had a caddy each time I went out.  Bangkok Golf & Spa was the only course that allowed me without a cart- compulsory to all other courses that I was on.  All caddies are very good and knowledgable all around their course, but the caddy at Black Mountain was exceptionally precise each time.  I played many rounds during the 15 available days I was out there.  I started with 36 on the first day at Bangkok GC.  Although, the 2nd round were partly night golf- fantastic lighting all over the course and much more comfortable.  I just wasn't sure if Komodo dragons charged.

All the courses were in great shape with good playing conditions including Bangkok GC which was under water for three months from storm floods, not long ago.  Most of their flower beds and beautifying plants were gone.  Water lines from the walls of some buildings were still visible and have not been painted over, but it played great.

I used a spray on sun block.  It seemed like it also work as a bug repellant.  We did see a couple of snakes in the junk.  Caddies point it out as the snakes go away to hide- just stay in the fairways and greens.

Wishing I'm still out there!

No'l

•  

pistolpete
    Indeed, looks like the Asian golf scene continues to grow  - These are great photos of what seem to be very nice layouts. What kind of food did you encounter at the turn?

You are correct, Pete.  I also have a short video from the baggage claim belt that I haven't tried uploading as of yet.  (the flight from Korea to BKK)  I had to vid what looks like the count of golf bags against luggage were two luggage to one golf bag.  It was amazing to see that many golf bags go through the regular baggage belt (and not at the the over size bag claim-- I felt like a number at the bottom).  Their golf bags and golf bag covers aren't golf names.  They are more like BMW, Mercedes Benz, Lexus, and a few golf off brands.

All the golf courses I was on offered international food.  Bacon/sausage, two over easy, hash and toast was a regular for me.  Burgers, steaks, seafood including fish and chips, salads are easy to order and are all quite delish!

On the local side, plain soft boiled rice or rice porridge with your choice of meats (chicken, pork, beef or fish), and/or add a fresh farm raw egg for a few cents, they'll crack and serve it in your piping hot bowl of rice porridge-- includes garnishing of green onion leaves, garlic onion leaves, cilantro or coriander fried garlic/onions dried roasted HOT peppers, hot peppers in vinegar, hot pepper in fish sauce. . .

Local's lunches are all amazing.  I happen to like Thai food.  Noodles with fresh veggies and meats of pork, chicken, beef or seafood.

Also tropical fruits are great.  Mangoes, rambutan, papaya, longgon, jack fruit, and my favorite the mangosteen. (oops. . .  spelling might differ)

All very healthy.

•  

pulplvr
    Nice photos, Luso.  Thanks for keeping the group up to date on your trip and the courses you played.  Looking good in your follow through.

:-) You were probably thinking of Luso's many amazing Travels he may have posted in the past.

Here's a picture of me.  The caddy and I match with exact colors at Riverdale GC.  Their pro shop are loaded with many FJ/Titleist including the very shirt I have on in this picture.

•  

Hi Noel welcome back, and thanks for sharing your pics. I'm just missing a Singha in the 19th.

•  

Ha ha ha. . . . Funny, each time I had a beverage at the club house, I always thought  about your Singha beer comments.  Oh, and were they good after the round!

Thanks for the welcome.

Noel

•  

Ill be in Pattaya in April. Hopefully getting a chance to play Siam CC with some folks from work. I'll have to buy a camera and show what I get to hopefully play!

•  

I'm sure it was an awesome experience, it looks like it was. Thailand is definitely on the bucket list. Thanks for posting