Forums

top courses by state

•  

Whaql1
    My goal is to play a course in all 50 states. My sister wants to go to school in Alaska, shucks I guess I will have to go on the college visit with her!

That's an interesting, different golf quota goal, Mike.  I wish you all the luck with it as you play this wonderful game throughout your, I hope, long and productive life.  I just hope to be able to have visited them all before I go.  I've got three to go--North Dakota, Maine, and New Hampshire.  I guess you almost include Puerto Rico in that list, even though it is not a state.  

• 780 points

i got 7/10 in Wisconsin checked off.  Time to start working the last three!!

•  

pulplvr
    Whaql1My goal is to play a course in all 50 states. My sister wants to go to school in Alaska, shucks I guess I will have to go on the college visit with her!

That's an interesting, different golf quota goal, Mike.  I wish you all the luck with it as you play this wonderful game throughout your, I hope, long and productive life.  I just hope to be able to have visited them all before I go.  I've got three to go--North Dakota, Maine, and New Hampshire.  I guess you almost include Puerto Rico in that list, even though it is not a state.

you should have hit up Maine and New Hampshire last year when you were in Rhode Island.

•  

Whaql1
    My goal is to play a course in all 50 states. My sister wants to go to school in Alaska, shucks I guess I will have to go on the college visit with her!

i like that goal.  i think i'm going to steal that idea.  i've already hit 8 states and that was without even trying.  i could probably pick up another 3 or 4 this year without really working too hard at it.  i guess that's one of the perks of living in the North East.

•  

If you need or want any info on courses in RI, please let me know.  I also have some connections to private courses in the area if you are up in the North East.

-Brian

•  

8 states and 3 provinces for me so far!

•  

Well, let's see…22 states, 1 province, and 4 other foreign countries (UK-Eng, GE, KSA, and BA).  But haven't played in CA, NM, NV, OR, or WA!  Shocking.

•  

Ted - looks to me like you must plan a trip out to the west coast!

• 370 points

I didn't look at the list, but I am proud to say that I have played "The Floridian" in Palm City, FL. Actually played it 2 1/2 times. What an awesome track, and is an experience I'll never forget. And oh by the way, TW and POTUS played there too. LOL

•  

Nice! I've got 6. RI cc is number one in RI! Good pick FJ

•  

Whaql1
    Hey all FJC. I love to look for new courses and I have been using this travel planner for the top courses in each state on golf digest site:

www.golfdigest.com/.../united-states

MW

Thanks for the link Mike. I've played a few on the list and this gives me ideas for future road trips.

•  

Majority of Top CT Courses/Venues on the list are private except for Hopyard & Lake of Isle CC, North.Both are on the to play list...Top CT Public Courses - Played Oxford Greens, Lessons Great River (yet to play)...Others States: DEL - Bear Trap Dunes,  FL - Doral, SC – Kiawah Island….. So many more wonferful courses still to play !

• 4390 points

My wife really wants to hit all 50 states in our lifetimes.  I think I can talk her into playing golf in each state too :)

•  

I get to play #'s 1 and 4 on the WI list the last week of April, can't wait! Just hope the snow is all gone by then.

• 2180 points

Great list.. I've played all but one on the SD list.. there is some courses IMO they missed out on though :)

If anybody is ever coming through western SD or eastern WY.. let me know.. try to take you out to some hidden gems