Forums

Palm Desert, CA

•  

BostonBuzza
    That would be great.  I would enjoy meeting you and Noel in person and getting in a round.  Always something to look forward to.

I have most of my trip already booked, I am getting in on the 16th and looking to play that afternoon.  I am also free Sunday afternoon if you can line something up.  Take a look at your schedule and let's touch base next week.

========================================

Brian, Randy, . . . Guys, I've got games already scheduled for 16 &17th weekend.  Weekdays are out of the question for me right now.  Thanks for thinking of me anyways.  If you guys do go out, take TNT's suggestion on Arnies!

Man, 'Wish I was going.

•  

Played a lot of good tracks and actually played w Scott McCaron today.  Great golf on the west coast, or as close to wear coast as I have come.   Played 36 today. First round w Scott and kept pace.   He was 4 under and I finished 1 over. Then played stone eagle and played pretty well, 74 w NO birdies, but boy was that some tear get golf.

•  

BostonBuzza

Played a lot of good tracks and actually played w Scott McCaron today.  Great golf on the west coast, or as close to wear coast as I have come.   Played 36 today. First round w Scott and kept pace.   He was 4 under and I finished 1 over. Then played stone eagle and played pretty well, 74 w NO birdies, but boy was that some tear get golf.

That's pretty cool! How did you get paired up with Scott?

•  

Stone Eagle (heavy duty) how was it?

•  

Sounds like you had a great trip, Brian.....Wish it was me instead of you playing with Scott McCarron ...He's a cutie !  

•  

I was a client event and we hosted 3 foursomes.  Scott joined each group for 6 holes and it was a great experience, and YES he is a FJ guy and loved my new M-projects, compliments of Joe Izzo vie the points program from the testing program at the "Shoe Box.

•  

Stone Eagle was great.  Excellent views and was my best round of all.  36/36 and I won $15 to boot.  Great course, no way you would be able to enjoy the round walking.  Way too hilly, and if it was not for the caddy, who knows where I would have ended up.

Here are a few pics

Again, great course, very nice waterfalls running throughout the middle of the course.  I will have to dig up that pic to share.

•  

He was a true gentleman for putting up with me for the day.  Very funny guy and a few good stories, I can't share in print.  Next time I run into him, scheduling a dinner when he comes to town in Aug for DB Championship, I will let you know.

•  

Here are a few other course pics, these are from the Palms, I guess a pretty exclusive club, great LONG course from the tips.  I don't think I was ready for the lenght.  Not a bad round at all, 36/42, finished with back to back to back doubles.

Great par 5, 617 from the tips.  There is a need to keep the tee shot straight, long certainly helps, but 2nd to straight for sure!

Another nice long par 5, coming into a water protected green, boy were they quick.  I would guess running 12-13 on stimp.

My Future dream home on the side of the 11th hole.

•  

Great photos Brian! Thanks for sharing.

•  

I have no idea how someone would ever want to leave this place.  There are so many great courses and the greens were terrific.  Hope I get another chance to head back there again.

•  

It's unimaginable . . . until you spend a whole summer down there.  It's too hot at times.  It gets up to 112 9sometimes higher) and will cool off to high 80s or low 90s at night without a breeze.  January-June are best golf weather wise.

But I know what you mean about the greens and fairways out there.  I can't remember a course that isn't in its tip-top conditioning during those time.

•  

Sounds like you had a great time and played some good golf too BB.

Great pics and looks like a great golfing destination.

•  

Croc, if you get the chance to head out at some point in your life, maybe a bucket list thing, don't pass it by.  I promise you won't regret going.  Just take Noel's advice on the time of year.

•  

@BostonBuzza- Just thinking about how cool it was for you to have been on Stone Eagle, and the Palms.  We were on one of Big Horn's course a couple weeks ago.  A few times we saw the Stone Eagle's location above us.  Surely, those courses aren't played by many.  Hope all is well with you and family.