Forums

Palm Desert, CA

•  

I am headed out to a conference in March and was hoping I could get a few suggestions on some nice courses in the area.

Also, if there are any FJ community members in the area who would be looking to get a round in, please let me know.

Thanks for the help,

-Brian

•  

(2nd try)

Hey Brian!

I sometimes come down Palm Desert.  

PGA West has 3 courses: Norman, Stadium, and Nicklaus.  Stadium is popular for the better players though they are all good.

Classics was a Bob Hope venue and SilverRocks I think still is.

Desert Willow has 36:  Mountain View and Firecliff which I think you will like tater of the two.

Let us know your date(s).  We'll figure something out.

No'l

•  

Thanks for the tips. I will check them out online this week.  We will be in touch.

•  

•  

Hey Brian,

I'm sharing a picture sent to me by Desert Willow Golf Club.  This is just for you and your group of guys who are thinking of a round out in the low desert area. . . an inspiration if you will.

Also, out there, you will find La Quinta area, a neighboring city with many courses.

Enjoy your stay.

No'l

•  

Silverock by Arnie is usually in great shape, last time i played it you could darn near eat a steak off the fairways.. PrIsTiNe!

•  

TNT, you are correct.  Most especially right about this time of year when the Bob Hope. . . err . . . Humana Challenge had just gone through.  But I am not 100% they are a part of it since the turn over to Humanna if  SilverRock is a venue.  

Even still, this is the time of year that all of the courses down the low desert are in its best shape.

•  

As of right now, I am playing at Siler Rock, PGA West, Shadowridge, and the Classic Club.  I hear they are all pretty nice tracks.  Looking forward to seeing how golf is played out west.  First golf trip to CA.  I hear the views are great with all of the mountains in view.

•  

Great line up!  They won't disappoint-- all of them!  I bet all my MyJoys.

Play well and enjoy the sun.

•  

Boston

If this is your first trip to the California desert you will surely enjoy. As Todd and No'l have said, the views from the desert floor to the mountains are beautiful. This time of year its likely you'll see some snow on the higher elevations. Palm Desert is one of my favorite places to go, especially when I lived in the Midwest and was looking for a Feb.-March trip out of the snow. It's sure to be a greta place for you and your group.

Drop a line and let us know when you are coming. While it's not overly close, if my schedule allowed I may try to join you for a round.

•  

If you get hungry, his Arnold Palmers for dindin! There's Four Majors rooms with memorabilia and foods great!

•  

noeldaof
    Hey Brian,

I'm sharing a picture sent to me by Desert Willow Golf Club.  This is just for you and your group of guys who are thinking of a round out in the low desert area. . . an inspiration if you will.Also, out there, you will find La Quinta area, a neighboring city with many courses.

Enjoy your stay.

No'l

that is a great picture

•  

That would be great.  I would enjoy meeting you and Noel in person and getting in a round.  Always something to look forward to.

I have most of my trip already booked, I am getting in on the 16th and looking to play that afternoon.  I am also free Sunday afternoon if you can line something up.  Take a look at your schedule and let's touch base next week.

•  

That sounds great, I will certainly look into that one.  Arnie is one of my favorites.

•  

The picture looks like a painting.  Can't wait to see the view's 1st hand.

Thank you