Forums

Bucket List: Top 100 courses - Which have you played?

•  

The biggest problem with playing the top 100 courses is, even you select one list to play--say Golf Digest's list or GOLF magazine's list--the selections do change from year to year, so you could play some every year and never get around to all of them.  And that's if you have both the time, the money, and the contacts to permit access to them.  I think each of us has a mental list of courses we would love to play, given an opportunity.  Unlike many of the FJA's, I've not been blessed to play any of mine.  For me, the older I get, the less likely it is I'll ever have the chance to play many of them.  I keep dreaming, though.

• 164 points

Bay Hill, St Andrews

• 2956 points

I have only played a few: Belgrade Lakes Golf Club, Pinehills Golf Club, Portmarnock, Shinnecock Hills, Torrey Pines, and Waterville Golf Links. Also played TPC Southwind (not in the current top 100, but really nice).

• 3627 points

Which "Top 100" list are you using?

• 5378 points

Gosh, there are probably 100 top 100 lists, right?! I look to the lists at Golf Digest and Golf Magazines.. But really, love to hear about great golf courses you all have played and would recommend without reservation...