Consistency of Icon Fit

Consistency of Icon Fit

•  

I was wondering if anyone could comment on the fit of the Icon across style lines:  traditional saddle, shield tip, pyramid, asym (old and new), and the wave.  All say they are made with the Icon laser last, but I have found that not all styles fit the same on my feet.  Thoughts or comments, anyone?  FJ Staff?

•  

Are you talking about MyJoys? or stock?

•  

I brought the same question up at the FJAI. I to have 3 pair of ICons, Sadle, Asym and Wave... They all fit different. But with that said I still love them!

•  

Would also like to hear what people have to say. It seems like the pyramids have a longer toe box because they are a little pointed at the toe.

•  

pulplvr
    I was wondering if anyone could comment on the fit of the Icon across style lines:  traditional saddle, shield tip, pyramid, asym (old and new), and the wave.  All say they are made with the Icon laser last, but I have found that not all styles fit the same on my feet.  Thoughts or comments, anyone?  FJ Staff?

Comparing the Asym-MyJoys, Asym-Stock, a Wave-Stock, and a Shield Tip-MyJoys, spikeless; I'm afraid to say, but then I'm very happy to report that all of them fit exactly the same with great comfort for me.  I wear a 9M.

•  

In my opinion that's one of the great things about the icons across the board is that they all fit and feel consistent, I have Asyms, Sports, Sheild tips, Waves, in both stock and Myjoys

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    Are you talking about MyJoys? or stock?

Does it make a difference, Devin?  Currently I have three pair of Icons:  one traditional saddle (stock); one MyJoys shield tip; and one old style wave (stock).  The first two fit the same, but the last is much tighter on the left foot--sort of like the issue I've had with the MyJoys DryJoys Tours vs stock DryJoys Tours.

•  

I haven't notices a difference in different models - guess one of two things going on.

1. I have a real standard foot.

2. Our they used an copy of my foot to make the lasts being used to make my size.

•  

All of my ICONs seem to fit the same, be they MyJoys or stock shoes.

•  

I have stock and MyJoys shield tips that are exactly the same. And my saddles and both old and new asymmetrical styles fit so close to the others that it doesn't make a difference. Sounds like it might be a manufacturing variance.

•  

I can tell the difference in some of mine but it could be to a host of factors (different shoe trees for example) but they all feel good.

•  

bholley
    I can tell the difference in some of mine but it could be to a host of factors (different shoe trees for example) but they all feel good.

Bruce, do you really think putting different shoe trees of the same size in the shoes could make that much of a difference?  My old style waves have fit differently since I got them, even right out of the box.

• 503 points

Saddles definitely fit differently than Asyms.  Both are comfortable, but I can tell which one I have on my feet.

WW

•  

Pulp...

I have only noticed the slightest variance across my Icons. I have a pair of Asyms and a pair of Pyramids that are a tad bit more snug than the rest of my shoes. And as WW states, saddles offer the most generous toe box of all being the most traditional shoe.

• 335 points

We use two different lasts with our Icons The ICON LAST and the Laser last..... We use the laser on the majority of the Icon saddles, But with thedifferent last sizing should still be consistant.