Shield Tip Shoes - Only With Pants?

Shield Tip Shoes - Only With Pants?

•  

I once read in this forum that Shield Tips are only supposed to be worn with pants...I have a number of pairs and have worn them with shorts (solid colors) and pants (various color mixes).  What do you think??

•  

With shorts I wear a white based shoe because I think it looks classier.  With pants you can generally wear any color shoe you want.  I'm planning on picking up a pair of shield tips with a white saddle and a black print as the accent on the tips.  I'll be wearing those with shorts mostly.  It all really comes down to what you think looks good. I don't wear black shoes with shorts but that's just me.  It's all personal preference.  Remember: Stay classy my friend :)

• 2756 points

I think they can be worn with both shorts and pants.  Let's be honest, ST's aren't cheap...wear them as often as you can!

•  

I have two pairs of shield tips currently and I only wear them with pants but that's my preference.  Different people will likely give differing opinions...I think they look best with pants but if you're comfortable wearing them with shorts then go for it!

• 2777 points

I wear my shield tips with shorts and pants.  I tend to stick with a white base however with shorts.  

• 319 points

I also like a white base shoe with shorts, however the shield tips can look pretty mean with some shorts if pulled off correctly.  I think it also comes down to your personal style.  Not many people can pull off all bright orange but Rickie does it just fine.  Look Good, Feel Good, Play Good.

•  

I would stick with pants on shield tips, but I mostly wear Dryjoys tours and they look great with all shorts :)

•  

I bought my shield tips specifically to be worn with pants.  Somehow, the maroon base with black accents just doesn't fit my mind as paired with shorts, regardless of the color of the shorts or shirt.

•  

I think shield tip shoes, should be worn with pants only. You wouldn't wear dress wingtip shoes with shorts, would you?

•  

I wear ALL of my shield tips with shorts and pants. I like to rock the colors, from all white or all black, to my Sliver Specials, the purple and lilac pair, or black and charcoal pair. It's not a problem looking good with the right combo of colors. Personally, I don't think it matters what style of shoe you wear with pants or shorts. If you have them, wear them when you want! 

•  

I will wear Shield Tips (light color base) with shorts. See examples below.

•  

Beautiful shoes in style, Go Hokies.  It definitely goes to show, Icon Shield Tips can be worn with shorts and/or long pants.

•  

I have some all white shield tips that I wore with shorts this past weekend.   I wear my other pairs of shield tips with pants.

•  

Tips are too nice to limit wear with pants and life's too short!

•  

A great pair of shoes (read icons or any other FJ style) look great with either shorts or pants.

The real beauty of shieldtips is the design and colours which can be well coordinated with both shorts and pants to make a rel mpact/impression.

OZ-Crocman