BOA, not just a reptile anymore

BOA, not just a reptile anymore

•  

I am a little late to volunteer a feedback on this topic.  But, I just recently owned my first BOA lacing system on a 2013 FJ Sport.

The lacing system is an amazing feature, and I can now appreciate the positive comments about a lacing system-- It is all true what they say.  

The ease and being quick-n-ready on the fly is great as you transition from different footwear.  

The gear adjustments on it are in fine durable adjustable scale.

The quick release is another great feature!

Lacing shoes have never been better.  I love the BOA Lacing System!

•  

Fantastic title!

Golfers usually fall into two categories, golfers who love BOA and golfers who haven't tried it yet!

•  

What about those of us who tried it and are stubborn and stuck in our ways?  Answer that one DG.

TT

•  

I have tried them, and they are OK. But I guess I am still a little "old school" and prefer real laces!

•  

I like everything about them, except the button on the back. Just sticks out more than I can get use to.

•  

shaun13
    I like everything about them, except the button on the back. Just sticks out more than I can get use to.

I know exactly what you mean.  That was the exact reason why I wasn't interested in it to begin with.

The BOA system in an Icon or a traditionally designed shoes does not mix in my eyes.  But for a contemporary sporty shoes, it looks like it should be there, in my eyes, that is.  I got used to it right away.  It's all over ridden by all of the benefits I get from it.

•  

This category fits me perfectly.....BOA on my wish list !

Devin_Gmitter
    Fantastic title!

Golfers usually fall into two categories, golfers who love BOA and golfers who haven't tried it yet!

•  

absolutely agree!!  I now have two pair with BOA, the XPS and the new 2013 FJ Sport's.  They have become my 2 favortive shoes to wear.  

I used to retie my shoes every other hole, but with the BOA's, it might be a twist or two through the whole round.

-Brian

• 4775 points

Huge fan of BOA Sports.  Glad to see that they did not go away in 2013.

•  

BostonBuzza
    absolutely agree!!  I now have two pair with BOA, the XPS and the new 2013 FJ Sport's.  They have become my 2 favortive shoes to wear.  

I used to retie my shoes every other hole, but with the BOA's, it might be a twist or two through the whole round.

-Brian

Brian, have you though about double knotting your regular shoes. That's what I do with the ones that frequently need to be retied. Most of the Icon laces are too long anyway.

• 1976 points

Ive been wanting to give this a go, my next pair will be BOA for sure!

• 2756 points

Devin_Gmitter
    Fantastic title!

I fall into the latter group.  I've been so hesitant to try a pair with the BOA feature....not sure why, never been disappointed with any FootJoy products.  It's time to suck it up and FINALLY take the plunge!

Ryan

•  

Don, is correct.  Double knot will make it stay put.  I do this all the time also.

•  

Don, is correct.  Double knot will make it stay put.  I do this all the time also.

Dolfan
    Ive been wanting to give this a go, my next pair will be BOA for sure!

You will love it, Dolfan!

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    Fantastic title!

Love to try 'em ... just can't get around the big knob at the back.

OZ-Crocman