FJ Streets....

FJ Streets....

•  

Looks like the UK has the 'edge' on  promoting the New FJ Street Golf Shoes... What's your take?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R_sDqO_qV4&feature=related  

•  

I've always liked the FJ Street shoes.  I wouldn't use it for golf, but it is so cool off the course!

•  

I think U.S. is going low key Chris Kirk is the Footjoy Street guy. I have tried them on and I like the contour Casuals much better. Also the shoes look like chuck taylor all stars, not sure if that was the plan.

•  

Those look like the old FJ Streets formerly sold in the US, ggg.  One difference I noted in the video is that the US FJ Streets had spikes, while the UK ones show only a flat, nubby sole.  If you check the new FJ Streets now in the catalog, they, too, have spikes on the soles, not just nubs like the Contour Casuals.

•  

Thanks for the critique pulplvr.....Not that familiar with the Streets but liked the video clip...Positive FJ Promotion  !

pulplvr
    Those look like the old FJ Streets formerly sold in the US, ggg.  One difference I noted in the video is that the US FJ Streets had spikes, while the UK ones show only a flat, nubby sole.  If you check the new FJ Streets now in the catalog, they, too, have spikes on the soles, not just nubs like the Contour Casuals.

• 2756 points

I love the Streets.  Thought they were a little geeky at first but they grew on me pretty quickly.  I just picked up a new pair on closeout for $29.99 at carlsgolfland.com

www.carlsgolfland.com/.../index2.html

Ryan

• 9 points

I bought a pair of these.  Leaks when playing early morning due to morning due.  The counter part of the shoe isn't high enough.  So, when you walk, the shoe comes off.  Do the designers even try their own designs out on the course?  I got them at a discount for $55, but not worth $5 in my opinion.  FJ let me down with these shoes.

•  

I have a pair of them and have never had an issue.  They are great practice shoes and I keep them in the Jeep for any impromptu rounds.  

jqsmooth, you might need to check on the warranty replacement for yours if they are leaking.

T

• 2781 points

I bought a pair of spikeless for off course use.  Really comfortable and durable.  Thinking of picking up another pair with the closeout price drops.

• 9 points

OUTIGER
    I have a pair of them and have never had an issue.  They are great practice shoes and I keep them in the Jeep for any impromptu rounds.  

jqsmooth, you might need to check on the warranty replacement for yours if they are leaking.

T

Outiger, thanks for the tip.  However, I have a pair of dryjoys and icons that are great.  I'm not going to bother with the warranty for the streets.  I wore them for a few months, I got good use out of them.    

Don't get me wrong, the streets are very comfortable, but it doesn't fit my feet well.  

•  

I have a pair of streets and never had a problem. As far as the shoe coming off your foot, are the laces tied tight enough. I know with my streets I have to make them, a little, tighter then my other FJs.

• 9 points

grumpy830
    I have a pair of streets and never had a problem. As far as the shoe coming off your foot, are the laces tied tight enough. I know with my streets I have to make them, a little, tighter then my other FJs.

Yeah, I don't like to tie the shoes too tight because it cuts off circulation and you have numb feet.  :)  I just feel like it should extend higher than where it is.  Dryjoys and Icons don't have this issue.  

•  

Streets are streets....More of just a basic, casual style shoe versus a structured and /or supportive golf shoe...

•  

Have a brown pair and love them! Very comfortable and I find them very stable (normally wear Synr-g and XPS-1's). For the price you can find them at these days they are a great item to add into the mix. I am also a hug fan of Chicks, so they were an easy purchase for me.

•  

Not a huge fan of them on the course, but they are great for practicing on the range or putting around on the green.  Very comfy.  There will be a new shoe coming out....They will corner the market as far as a similar shoe.  More to come on those once approved...