Hot Summer Time Shoes

Hot Summer Time Shoes

• 58 points

Why does FJ make a better vented golf shoe ?  This summer has been brutal with record temps where in Ky.  Haven't skipped a chance to play because of the heat, but a cooler shoe would help.

•  
    Might want to look at the socks being worn as well!
  •  

Greg, Welcome to the FJ forums.

You might try the FJ Superlites or the FJ Streets.  Hopefully one of those coupled with the Merino socks could help wick moisture away and be a lighter version.

TT

• 58 points

Already have the Superlites.  I would like to see something like the ClimaCool by Adidasphoto of product #

• 58 points

Thanks for the input guys.  My problem is HOT feet not hot and sweaty.  Don't get me wrong the only golf shoes I own are FJ.

•  

Hey, Greg, welcome!

I play down in Palm Springs area a few times during summer, it's the lower desert (CA).  I had that problem, "hot feet", that I've mentioned or asked if I was the only one who was experiencing that among friends . . .  I've been told I need a half size larger or a wider pair.  And also, yes, type of socks helped as well as light colored shoes (whites).  Out there, I interchange a rotation of two GreenJoys and a DryJoy during summer.  (I used to wear those shoes in the winter when I have to wear double socks for winter cold in the high desert.)  Hope it helps.

Good luck!

•  
    Try some ProDry Extreme socks. They really wick moisture away from your feet. I wear them in my ICONs all the time no matter how hot and humid it is and my feet always feel great.
  •  

OR -

• Soft Mesh Synthetic Uppers

Breathable mesh uppers that stretch for a dynamic custom fit.

• Athletic Mesh Liner

A mesh liner provides additional breathability.

• Soft Rubber

This soft rubber compound provides flexability and comfort.

• EVA Midsole

EVA midsoles provide lightweight cushioning underfoot. EVA does not take a set, so the cushioning will remain constant for the life of the shoe.

• 58 points

Who make that shoe?
  •  

gregthegolfer
    Who make that shoe?

FootJoy's new line. . . Is September soon enough?

FJ Superlites Spikeless #58207 - Grey Mesh/ Lime Inlay/ Black Detail **Available in September**

===========================================

FJ Superlites Spikeless #58195 - White Mesh/ Blue Inlay/ Grey Detail **Available in September**

•  
    And there you have it.......
    • 58 points

Does it have spikes ?  Hope so.  September is a little late for a summer shoe.  By October some days will be shorts, some days will be slacks.  I love FJ shoes, but they dropped the ball on this one. 

•  

I am in Ohio so we have had similar temps this summer and you are right! It has been hot and humid....that being said, I always wear the FJ ProDry Socks with FJ ICON's....with my setup, IMHO it is important to focus on light colors such as white...that seems to handle the problem and keep my feet as cool as possible!  The FJ ProDry socks are cushioned which I prefer with again light colors such as white.  All in All in all white they are a cool set up but to sacrifice stability while playing is not worth the sacrifice since the setup I described above is perfect for me. 

•  

gregthegolfer

Does it have spikes ?  Hope so.  September is a little late for a summer shoe.  By October some days will be shorts, some days will be slacks.  I love FJ shoes, but they dropped the ball on this one. 

Greg:  Check out the details:

Click on the "FJ" icon on your top left screen.
    Point cursor to "Men" - Pull Down Menu to "Footwear" - scroll down to "FJ SuperLites" and click on it and view the picture top/bottom.

It has Soft Spikes.

I'm thinking of adding this for the desert myself.

Hope it helps.

• 58 points

Thanks !  I guess I have been overlooking those.  Wish they did have replaceable spikes.