Keeping it clean?

Keeping it clean?

•  
    GTJacket8

After each wear, I place the shoe trees back in the shoes, wipe them down, then use Meguiar's Leather Cleaner to clean them.  After cleaning, I apply Meguiar's Leather Conditioner followed by some buffing...keeps my FJs looking new and protects the leather.

Ditto GT.... You must get shoe trees clean them off with a leather conditioner, I use Armoral , then I store them in proper shoe bags.
  •  

By accident, I used a wet/damp microfiber towel to wipe off my shoes recently. The fabric really wiped out the black "scuff" marks with out any damage to the shoe. I now wipe off my shoes with a microfiber towel as soon as I get home.

Still, as Tar Heel said, saddle soap is best for leather and does a great job of cleaning a shoe that's been needing a bath for some time. If you have an old pair that's stiff, use liberal amounts of saddle soap and watch the leather recover.

•  

miguelj20

Whats the best way that the footboy community has found to keep your new footboys clean? I have a pair of Dry Joys and they just don't look like they used too. The toes on them are beat up and scuff beyond help. Looking into a new pair and want to make them last as long as I can.

If Randy has posted on this yet pay close attention to his detail...he by far has the best insight on this post.

As for me I use warm water and a soft brush with dish detergent (usually Dawn) and lightly scrub away the dirt and debris...towel dry, put shoe trees back in and than treat with leather protectant.

• 514 points

If you use shoe trees and give them a quick wipe after use they will stay in great shape for a while and it only takes a couple of minutes